Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day at the parent's house
What a nice day for bbq-ing with great weather and company.
We started off with the cub scout holding the flag in preparation for the flag salute and a little "what memorial day is all about" headed up by mi madre.
Even the three year olds new the flag salute, thanks to Aunt Becca and her preschool training.

How cute is my dad, tho?


Brains is getting close to babysitting age, no? This is him with baby Clara.

A total wild bird outside just sat on Brains' hand. He called himself "the bird whisperer". Srsly.

Weird, right?


So, of course, Char Char wanted to "howd it"..

But, then.......hmmm......a little nervous.......nevermind.


Gramma can always get her to sleep in her "special spot". Becca's baby is so cute and fat.

Fun, fun day.

13 comments:

Hot Pants said...

I love fat babies! And I hope you guys don't get the bird flu now.

SAS said...

Looks like fun family time. Ole Papa likes to give us patriotic teachings too. I need to call Becca and go squeeze on Baby Clara. That is my kind of baby.

Kristin said...

Your boys are so cute! Are you ready for summer? I enjoyed Memorial Day but all I did was remember the fact the school is out and I might go crazy.

E said...

Dido on the bird flu. Can't WAIT for older-brother-can-babysit time! Viva la libertad!

Emily said...

Your parents are so awesome. Glad you had a good time. That is so cute that you did the flag salute and Becca's baby is so cute!! I can't believe you let your kids touch that nasty bird!!!

Shed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Memzy said...

I like to take the philosophy of germs-bring em on. Not sure why but I'm not that weird about my kids and stuff like that. If you saw Char Char's fingernails today you'd get my drift. That could be a post in and of itself!

Memzy said...

And here's a question for you. At what age DO you let your oldest babysit the younger ones? Brains is almost 10, Cracker is 7 and Char is 4 soooooooooo....

Your opinions would help.

Mansius Family said...

Looks like lots of fun! I love it when my family gets together for things like.

Br Boys said...

Ok, how freaky is that bird? Cool, but freaky!

homegirl said...

I love the patriotic honor of our flag, we don't do that enough in this country! Looks like you had a great time! Your sister's baby is darling!

ManicMandee said...

That is the strangest thing the bird sat him like that! I've never done a flag salute, or anything patriotic on Memorial day in my life. Pretty bad hu? Good for you guys.

The Everyday Housewife said...

Wow! You and your family look great, Emily! Everybody is so grown up! A guitar?! Wow!! Aaron really wants Ian to play, but he's decided he'd like to take "violin lessons from a man teacher!" Let me tell you how hard it was to find a man that teaches violin! He's starting in the fall, so we'll see if it goes better than piano did!! Thanks for checking in with me! I'm so excited to keep up with you and your family. Talk to ya soon!

Blog Archive

About Us