Thursday, October 02, 2008

Memzy's Dresses-EDIT

**********EDIT**********
THIS is what you call poofy sleeves. Am I wrong? Here's me and Landee getting ready to meet our dates in the lobby of S-Hall Deseret Towers for the fall formal. I should add that this was the dress my mom made me to go to the Senior Prom (I went to the senior formal but not the prom) and never wore cuz no one would ask me. But I put it to good use this year at BYU. I'd like to point out a few things:
1. Notice Landee's perfectly coiffed "poof" on the top of her french twist. It was soo good that when I saw it I might have screamed "spray it! spray it NOW!" while running in dramatic slow motion for the RAVE hairspray.
2. Notice the huge-ness that comes from my own personal "hot stick heaven".
3. And , of course, the 12 inch (minimum) poofy sleeves. Here is a little bonus picture. I believe this was the night BEFORE that^^^ picture. We had TWO dates to the formal (they ran it Friday and Saturday night). This first date right down here was with our BFBF's (Best Friends that are Boys Forever), K and A. Notice how bored the other people are but Landee and I are ready to par-tay, no?
Not for the faint of heart. I told you gize you'd be jealous. ::stifling hysterical laughter::
#1: Formal with the bishop's son. Not even close to an item. Very much friends. To the 11teenth power. That is, however, a genuine Jessica McClintock, Gunny Sac dress. #2: My First Kiss ( I know, I know, can you believe I just typed that?) Some people who drop by might actually KNOW this guy. This was HIS prom ( which was another high school in town).
#3: Senior Prom: This guy was actually in love with another girl but she did not feel the same, so I was the "plan b". Nice guy tho, we had fun. And Aunt Visor sewed this dress for me and did a danged good job of it too.


Your welcome.

25 comments:

Elder Jack Anderson said...

That first dress takes modesty to a whole new level. I had no idea you grew up Amish!

And that flowered dress is THE SAME pattern as my hot pink numbah! It's almost like we could have been related or sumpin.

Aqua Net.

Memzy said...

It's a good pattern Landerson, it really is. That first dress was my very first intro to the prom scene and I wasn't even 16 yet (AUNT VISOR!). So yeeah, I had to be covered, every inch. But that HAIR. It brings a single tear.

Hot Pants said...

You have the most beautiful bangs I've ever seen. I like how that second guy didn't just get you a crosage, but a whole bouquet! That is total TLA!

Hot Pants said...

I just saw the third guy got you a whole bouquet too! You were loved.

ManicMandee said...

Oh Memzy you are so amazingly hot. I recognize the first guy, but not the others. Stories and details would be much appreciated.

Cristin said...

super hot!

homegirl said...

Oh my word! Flash back! :) That just made my day! Fun times and memories. Where's Senior Prom picture with Tyson?

Sharol said...

Hi Memzy! I had to comment that #3 is my hubby's friend and Athletic Director at his school. He looks a lot different now!

Hot Pants said...

Sharol should pass along to her hubby that Memzy did a dedicatory post of his friend.

eekareek said...

The third is the best. I think the cellaphane really added to the look. Did you do that or was i your date?

Br Boys said...

Where is Jessica now? Is she still making dresses? I also had a off the shoulder number,but made modest by Mom too. Loved the Pictures!

E said...

How did I miss this last night? Your hair is shiny and gorge. I'm glad you gize got more than one use out of that Simplicity pattern. Those things can be pricey. And I can't believe M broke the "don't date until your 16" commandment. Your gizes parents were way lenient.

E said...

Yeah, what is that giant cellophane thing you're holding?

Emily said...

Is that a bow on your tush in Picture #1 and are you with who I think you are with??

Memzy said...

I prided myself on nicely separated (half up half down) bangs back then Thurston. I'm glad you noticed. Bouquets were the thing here in Bake-town. I'm hesitant to tell stories and details because Sharol is around now and might tell her husband to tell the guy to check this out, and.......
And Homegirl, I believe that white dress was straight from your closet! Am I wrong? And Emily, that is, in fact, a huge bow-bow on my badunkadunk. And that is also who you think it is.

homegirl said...

Yes! I didn't even noticde it the first time I looked! :) That is hilarious! I think Diana Krumm wore it too!

Carol said...

Em, The fuschia flower dress is my FAVORITE! I loved that dress on you. Brings back such fun memories. And I also forgot that the white one was (homegirl's). How funny. And I honestly don't remember you going when you were 15. Does that finally make up for Becca getting her ears pierced earlier than you did? Can I get a break on that one?

Sharol said...

Not to worry, your url is safe with us. My hubby will only use the picture of Bachelor #3 to secretly laugh at him when passing him in the hall.

So, more details please.....

homegirl said...

The funny thing about that dress.. . I wore it for 8th grade graduation! :)

Memzy said...

K, so bachelor #3 was one of the "popular" guys. Football dude, student council, etc. He was sort of quiet and completely and hopelessly in love with another girl. He asked her to go and she turned him down. All the other girls in the "popular" crowd were taken already. Now, I was on the fringe of different groups of friends. Friends with the popular kids, friends with the band kids, friends with the church kids, friends with the "questionable" crowd. I didn't want to put all my eggs in one basket, right? Anyway, so all his friends suggested he ask me since I could sort of be considered one of them. And of course I didn't have a date, sooooo........end of story. It was actually a really fun night with no pressure and stuff.

kristi said...

You should know that the Jessica McClintock/Gunny Sak is totally back. I was at Macy's today (10/2/08) and saw almost identical dresses for my daughters, bows and all! You were not only stylin' then, but really fashion forward! Keep it up.

Hot Pants said...

I like how versatile you are with your bangs. High, low, fluffy, smooth. Such talent. I'm definitely planning on learning something in Seattle. ::packing my scissors, hairspray and curling iron::

Flem said...

Can't I at least get a shout out as photographer on that first shot? You two were so GLAM and I remember being stunned by your beauty, both of you.

You look super beautiful in all those pics though!

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Thank you!! I have been searching for those pics ALL DAY and could NOT find them. Well, I volunteered at the local soup kitchen but other than that, totally looking for those pics. Your sleeves were a force to be reckoned with. And it's like your hair is trying to envelop my face.

Four words: To-mor-row Night.

We were so rude. But that pic reminds me of what a nerdball A was. Srsly.

::singing in your ear::

Lady in Blaaaack....

E said...

Checkered puffed sleeves???? And PLEASE tell me that is a giant checkered bow resting on your be-hind.

Blog Archive

About Us