Saturday, December 13, 2008

My Un-Wish List

K, so here is a list of things I DON'T want for Christmas. So, just in case you already purchased I want you to be able to return/exchange before the big day, right?

1. Scrapbooking/photo archiving supplies. Like I said before, it's not gonna happen. I tried in vain to make such things and have decided that I'm going to wait until a computer or more creative person can archive all of my memorie FOR ME. (I'm sorta hoping blogging counts in the journaling department of my life).

2. Socks. Not because I don't like them, but because I have FAAAAR too many pairs. And considering my recent love of slip on flats, they will go to no good use.

3. Nail polish. Another realization I've had over the last few years is that I HATE having my nails painted. Mostly because I am really hard on my hands and the paint chips in 3.5 minutes after painting them. I love how nice nails look on other people but I also can't stand having mine longer than the tip of my finger Short, unpolished nails are my thing you gize. And I'm ok with it.

4. Candy. Not a huge candy fan. I eat it every so often and on trips I tend to indulge. But all in all I would much rather eat a baked good or dessert than any kind of candy.

5. Movie tickets. Because I know all I would do is drag some other unsuspecting fool to see the Twilight movie 11teen more times. It's not good for my friendships, you see. I'm gonna push someone away.

6. New kids. I totally like my 3 boys you gize. Even tho they drive me absolutely crazy-going-to-the-funny-farm sometimes, I'd never want different ones. Char sometimes tells me he wants a new family tho. Should I worry about that?

7. Nice makeup. No matter how much I want to walk into Sephora and buy some really good quality things for my face I just keep going back to my drugstore stuff. "Maybe she's born with it........maybe it's Maybelline." "Because you're worth it. Loreal." "Easy. Breezy. Beautiful. Cover Girl." How can you argue with that?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your Un-Wish List! I prefer purchasing for myself - is that bad?

E said...

I hope you like jean shorts.

eekareek said...

Oh no. I hope I kept my receipt.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Add on there milk chocolate. For you, not me. Send ME as much milk chocolate as you want, you gize.

Memzy said...

Who DOESN"T love jean short tho Jenny. And Eek, if you didn't keep your receipt just send it to Landee. I'm pretty sure she's oppotsite in a lot of these areas. See Milk chocolate comment above.

American Mom !!! So nice to see you over here! Purchasing isn't bad for yourself. But just make sure you get permish from the hubby in advance.

Carol said...

Memzy
#1--I'm with you all the way on that one.
#2-ditto
#3-ditto
#4-not even home made caramels?
#5-But, but, I want to see Twilight again with you.
#6-Who needs new kids when yours are perfect--yes, perfect.
#7-Hmmmm-I must recomment Clinique, I must.

Hot Pants said...

I hate to scrapbook, love socks, just not as a gift, long nails gross me out, I prefer cookies over candy, wouldn't ever turn down free movie tickets, am perfectly happy with the kids I got "my team", and I like that I can go to any Wal-Mart WalGreens or just a generic grocery store for my make-up.
Is Jenny making homemade jean shorts, cuz those are the best.

Flem said...

I assume chocolate does not fall under this supposed "candy" category. If so, I am with you on ALL of these items.

ShelBailey said...

I'm with you on all of these. I've never liked nail polish, only like very high quality dark chocolate...would rather have cheesecake (as long as it has chocolate in it, lol), I'd have liked more kids, but I'm happy with mine, I tend to fall asleep in movies these days, wear birks sans socks most of the time, and I gave up scrapbooking (not that I was great at it) for photo books.

And Brains and Meg need to "duet" together sometime... :0)

Pearl Girl said...

SEND ME SOME SOCKS MY TOES ARE FREEZING HERE AT THE NORTH POLE (currently 1 degree)

Emily said...

Phew! Thanks for the heads up.

Hazel said...

Did you seriously say you don't like candy?

...dead to me...

Cristin said...

1. WHAT????? But your so crafty, I have proof.
2. UMM is there such a thing as too many socks? Especially the soft,comfy warm kind that make you slide around on linoleum??? seriously socks RULE!
3. Ditto...totally ditto!
4. What the.... what's wrong with you????
5. Ummm what kind of friend wouldn't want to go see Twilight again??? seriously???
6. Are you sure??? I have this great obnxoiuslyhyperactive 3 year old that might need a new home soon?
7. Ditto!

Memzy said...

Mom-you had to go and say that about Twilight. ::sigh::
Hot Pants--homemade are the only way to go with jeans shorts.
Q-Doyee. Dark chocolate is a dessert unto it's own.
Shel--A duet would be awesome.
PearGirl--I'm boxing them up as we speak. Do you care if they're used?
Katie--That only means that I will forfeit all of MINE to give it to YOU. Still dead to you?
Crisin--Good point about the Twilight friends. I might need to reorganize my "friends" list anyway. Cuz everyone keeps one of those right?

Anna B said...

I'm cutting & pasting your post as we speak. K?

Blog Archive

About Us