Friday, May 08, 2009

Chuck E Cheese--Let's educate you.


Score: Memzy/CEC--one
Flem/antiCEC--zero


Flemmy
came into town for a very short visit this week. And I felt it my duty, dare I say, my obligation to indoctrinate her with the joy and pleasure that comes from such an activity. Plus, Aunt and Uncle Visor totally wanted to meet us for lunch there sooooo....


I now crown thee the happiest baby on the planet.Oh have mercy. Clara has some competition.

ps. flem was on "vacation". But this is what she was having to do a lot. Business. Calls. She never rests that one.

This is Flem admitting that this place is actually pretty sweet. I believe her words were, "those bread sticks, tho made with white flour, are pretty tasty". It's true. Just ask the Visor's.


Note: you do not get tokens for your games unless you can properly do the math to divide the tokens by three (number of Flem's game-age-playing kids).



This looks like pure joy to me. You decide.




The loverly AV listening intently to us drone on about our college days.

Note: CEC even has green leaf lettuce AND vinaigrette

Uncle Visor catching up on Flem's kids and job.

Air hockey you say? Answer: doyee.


Fake tattoos? Very yes.

Ecstatic little girls? Fer super duh.


Baby Meg was developing her fascination with Aunt Visor.


It was only a matter of time before AV grabbed her from across the table and did a little of this:

some of that:

A lotta here:


A little there:


A smidge of this:

A smadgen of that:


We were there for 2 hours. I got up from my seat three times.............to refill my soda. I did not parent even once. Oh except the time when I told Char he could have more tokens only when he gave me a kiss.

Listen you gize. Chuck E Cheese is my own personal heaven. Get on the Memzy wagon. You won't be disappointed.




Flem wasn't.

13 comments:

Janna said...

I was there last Friday at lunch time for a Bday party. It was pretty nice and NOT crowded at all. A great place for kids in the HOT summer. I'm adding your link to my friend's list cause you're my friend now. :)And I love your photography!

Cristin said...

ok 1st. I LOVE the pictures of AV and baby Flem. Super duper cute!!!

2nd, I guess I could give CEC a try...maybe...i suppose. We haven't been there since we've had 4 kids...so like 4 years.

Flem said...

I wasn't disappointed, true, but would I seek it out without you or the Visors? Probably not.

But you were the hostess with the mostest, for sure. Please send me a CD with every picture on this post asap because I really do love the pics. Love.

Thanks for telling the "real" truth over here since my blog is not reliable.

Hot Pants said...

I always dread going there, but once I get there and get into the non-parenting mode, it's not so bad.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

CEC is all about the timing.... it has to be "off peak" and the Visors have to be there.

I give CEC a 4 btw.

Meggggggggggherz!!!! Soooo cute. It's so nice that someone with a high quality camera took some pics of her cuz I can now see what she really looks like.

E said...

First, Meg is adorable!!!!! I would snuggle her at CEC for sure.

Second, you almost had me there, until you went and said this: "I did not parent even once." --and reminded me exactly why I hate CEC. There's absolutely no parenting going on. Free for all. Devil's Playground. Gateway drug. Pleasure Island. "Hi diddleydee..."

Carol said...

^^^^^ rolling my eyes at Jespy. As Landee said, it's all about timing. You have to go when it's not crowded. Now that you mention it. . .I do remember one time when a bully 5 year old smacked down Liesl when she was 2. I was hot!!! and gave the evil eye to that mom. Have I now contradicted myself? I think not.

kristi said...

We last went to CEC for a b-day party last November. It was a Monday night (and yes, FHE was how to share tokens between 3 children - math, too) and by Wednesday Sam was sick, and by Friday we all thought he was dying. But none of the kids got sick, so make sure you touch everything there to cancel out all the germs. Adults have to be careful to touch enough things. Don't forget . . .

eekareek said...

I love Chuck. It is the best. The stamps on the hands is good enough for me feel like I dont have to watch children.

Katie said...

Thank you Memzy! I am pretty sure the only reason that Flem wasn't raving about it was because she was obviously still watching one kids (even though it looks like AV was picking up some of the slack) and doing work over the phone. She hasn't truly experienced CEC.

Clara-boo said...

I have no competition at my level of cuteness. And why is AV's face so close to that other baby. She's mine! I have her wrapped around my my fat sausage-like little toddler finger.

Carol said...

Clara-Boo, Not to worry my little princess. Meggy was very cute and I had fun with her but you will always be Gramma's special princess.

ManicMandee said...

Love CEC myself! I am on your side on this one. Although I did enjoy Jenny ESP comment. Funny stuff.

Blog Archive

About Us