Thursday, February 11, 2010

'Sup Nerds?

WOW. I thought the holidays were busy. But no. NOW is when life gets crazy. Can't say why. Just is. Here are a few things until I can get my blog energy back.

1. I cut 3 boys and 1 man's hair once a month. Times by 12,..divide by 4,...carry the 1.....yup. I've officially saved us a bajillion dollhairs.

2. Making the bed. I like it to look made but at what point in the day is it "too late"? Cuz you're just going to get right back in in about X number of hours/minutes.

3. It's becoming very clear that the testosterone levels in my house are rising at a rapid pace and I need to compensate. Pedicure. Yes. And................smelly candles. Yeah! That'll teach em.

4. Food intake is also going up with those rising levels of testosterone. I must now heat up two whole frozen pizzas for dinner instead of the one.

5. Pioneer Woman donuts. I can't get them off my mind.

6. So what if I've gone out to lunch with a friend EVERY DAY this week? So. What.

7. Sleeping. Mmmmmm. I love my bed. It misses me tho. I want to have a closer relationship with it. I think I'll name him Norm. Hi Norm. I miss you.

8. Panera came to town. We are new BFF's.

9. I found out today that my oldest is failing a couple of subjects at school right now because he is reading his books instead. Hmmm. Tricky.

10. Disneyland. Give a day. Get a day. We are doing it. More on that later.

kthanksbye

10 comments:

Flem said...

Our friends did the give a day get a day and that is why we were at the Magical Kingdom yesterday. You get to be in the parade if you do that program. If you want.

This is my advice for your failing son:

Go to the teachers and put a piece of paper in front of them and say the following:
--I know my son is failing and that is bad. But this really isn't about his grade, it is about his learning so I would like you to write on this piece of paper what you would like my son to know and be able to do by the end of the semester. Even if he fails, I will make sure he obtains this knowledge because we really care about his future too.

Then, if he is genuinely not learning you can say "oh, jeez kid, here is proof you don't already know this stuff so quit reading and figure it out." OR if he already knows the info then you can say "hey kid, I know you already know this stuff so why don't you try to stump the teacher by putting some complex answer she won't understand. That would be a funny game."

See what a genius I am?

eekareek said...

Sup? <--I said that to my MIL on FB and she replied "No, it's lunch". She is so not cool.

Emily said...

Good stuff. You gonna take me to your new eatery when I'm there next week?

ManicMandee said...

Your life, put that way, actually sounds quite delightful. And what is Panera? Some restaurant I assume.

Memzy said...

Flem-genius indeed.

Eek-lollerz!

Emily-wha?!! Are you coming? Hooray! Obviously we will eat there.

MM-click on the link. It's a restaurant from heaven.

ShelBailey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ShelBailey said...

I love Panera!

We're doing the give a day, get a day, too. We'll probably go in the fall...

My sister complains about the testoterone levels in her house ....three boys: 16, 17 and 21. Fortunately, she's got one girl who is 13 and having enough hormone issues to balance it somewhat, lol. Maybe we could loan you Meghan??

Give Cracker a giant hug from us, we loved having him, such a fun kid.

Emily said...

Yup, Anna and I are both flying in on Thursday night. Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Elder Jack Anderson said...

It's never too late to make your bed. I've been known to make it and immediately get into it. There's just something about getting into those straight and taut sheets that does wonders for the soul. And no, I'm not being overly dramatic.

Hmmm....I've lived in places with a Panera since 2002. I cry for you.

E said...

What the freak! How'd I miss this? I was just hanging out on your blog, reading old posts and chuckling to myself when I saw this gem with no comment from me! Brb...

Blog Archive

About Us