Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I'm not a fair weathered fan






Rise and shout the Cougars are out.  Maybe not "along the trail to fame and glory" but I still was dressed in my Cougar blue and surrounded by alma mater like myself.



They might not have "unfolded the vic'try story".  But I did get to have a weekend away with this dood and see my old stomping grounds.


(Side note: Don't panic if you don't recognize half of the campus.  I thought I was having early onset stages of dementia but in fact it was just all the remodeling they've done since I graduated.)

They weren't exACTly "on to vanquish the foe" but those "alma mater's sons and daughters" (read: me) were reminded how gorge that part of the country is.  

"As I joined in song.....I praised and my faith was strong.....and I raised my colors high in the blue (even if just for a field goal, every point counts) and cheered the cougars of BYU."



(Side note: We've decided that the next year or two is gonna be a "rebuilding and gaining experience" year.)


In other news, we had time to see THIS person and THIS person and even my awesome cousin J-train and his adorable wifey.  Plus we went here:




I'd do it all over again.  Even if the Cougs lost every time.  

12 comments:

eekareek said...

BYU is Teddy's third favorite football team. First is BSU, of course, then the Vikings (his team). I would imagine that he might be a fair weathered fan of BYU tho. Trip looked fun.

Markie23 said...

An IT student was telling me what a weird fight song BYU had. I said "really? What's so weird about it?" She said "I just think it's weird how it talks about Alma's sons and daughters. Like what does the Book of Mormon have to do with football".
Glad you're still a true blue fan. Hope to see you next time your in town!

Anna B said...

It was totally awesome to see you guys. I think you should make a yearly tradition and all.

ManicMandee said...

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to hang with us! It was great seeing you!

E said...

I AM a fan of fair weather, and the weather looked nice, so I wish I had been there.

Katie said...

(lol Markie23!)

I don't recognize campus either! I went a couple of years ago with dreams of reminiscing my way through Deseret Towers. Instead, I was left to weep among a pile of rubble.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I'm still regretting my decision to not buy a piece of DT when I had the chance. I could tell my kids it was THE cinderblock wall of S211 too. They'd never know.

Looks so fun & nostalgia inducing. Too bad we sucketh this year.

Rebuilding. Rebuilding. Re....aw, who are we kidding.

Emily said...

Lucky!

Krissy said...

I was at the first game when it seemed to be a more promising season. Ah well, maybe next year. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

P.S.I read your review of mockingjay and agree with you 100%.
I loved the book. Also, Uncle jessie isn't dead because I saw him last night on glee. i wish my dentist was that hot.

Renée said...

We have tickets to the New Mexico game...the boys have never experienced Cougar Stadium in all it's glory....fasting and prayers are going on here daily.

Memzy said...

Markiek I el-oh-elled at that IT student!! How did you keep a straight face? I'll respect you even more if you lollerzed right in her face. Landee is the perfect example of a fair weathered fan? Krissy you...complete...me.

Carol said...

LOVED the pictures of campus. Such great memories. So glad you had a great time even though the game score stunk. Thanks for letting me hang out with your boys. They were perfect!!!!

Blog Archive

About Us