Thursday, January 06, 2011

Como se dice.......vacation?

Two solid weeks of vacay.

Can you believe it?!!?

Me neither.

Until now.

2010 was nasty.  And we decided that to make it through the holidays this year we needed to get away.

Good choice.

Viva la 2011 !!!!!!!!

I'm getting off track.  Just to let you know, I took about 350 pictures while down in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.  And up until this point I've been paralyzed by posting a concise yet,....Memzy-like.....recap of said two weeks in paradise.

Don't worry, I figured it out.  I narrowed it down.

::collective sigh of relief::

Here are a list of activities we enjoyed while in Mexico over Christmas:

* sleeping in
* zipline (see HERE)
* snorkeing
* Go carts
* movies
* ice skating
* ATV's
* beach/sand/water/etc
* bowling
* eating out....a lot
* swimming pool
* whale watching boat tour
* swimming with dolphins
* reading/watching TV/general slothfulness
* bungee swing

We will see pics of some and others not, but just trust me on this.  AV, am I missing anything?

As I look back on this vacation of a lifetime I realized what a good mom I am.

::crickets chirping::

::nervous laughter::

Actually, a more accurate statement would be what a good mom I had and how I'm luckily smart enough to replicate her ways.

I'm no dummy.

So, I present to you "MY MOMMY TAUGHT ME GOOD...and other various thoughts"

Mother's wisdom rule #1: Never take your eyes off the road




They don't always listen tho.

Mother's wisdom #2: Bathe daily (accessories optional)







Mother's Wisdom #3: You can make anything look fashionable, even headgea
(see further evidence HERE on my mom's blog)




Mother's Wisdom #4: Always eat your favorite food on your birthday
 (even if it's Italian and you just happened to be in Mexico)




Wisdom #5: Slow down and simplify your life



(Christmas eve dinner)



(Char Char spent no less than 3 hours in this exact spot humming and feeling this sand)


Wisdom #6: Nature can be fun









You see the whale right?


Wisdom #7: Confidence will take you places





Wisdom #8:  It's ALWAYS more fun when Gramma's around





Wisdom #9: Stick with dad and you'll be safe






(though some of these pics might be argued differently)




(notice the itty bitty Brains and Shed falling thousands of feet at 100mph)


Wisdom #10: Use the buddy system




Wisdom #11: Smile often





Even if you're nervous that your dad and biggest brother might die while jumping off a gondola








Looks like my kids are listening.  ::pats self on back::

Best.

Vacation.

Ever.

14 comments:

SAS said...

Oh man that looked like the best! Good for you guys, great choice takin off for the holidays. Thanks for sharing your fabulous pics!

Godlonton Family Adventures said...

You always tell such great stories with your pics. Looks like a great Vacation!!

Renée said...

I love it! You have the coolest boys. What a terrific way to celebrate a beautiful holiday. Nothing beats family together making sweet memories. My heart aches for those "back to reality" feelings. Have they settled in yet??

ManicMandee said...

Looks amazing!

Krissy said...

como se dice...incredible?!!! I have been waiting for this post and it did not dissapoint! glad you guys had a great time, good luck getting back to real life.

Flem said...

Wow. I am thrilled for you that you had such a great time! And I hope you practiced your espanish, for real!

Carol said...

PERFECT post and the pictures are fantastic. People--some advice--enlarge the photos of the gondola drop. You'll be scared like you were there. And that picture of Char Char in his capri's is killing me. The whole trip was a thing of beauty.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Too. Much. Fun. Overload.

And I'm just looking at the pictures!!!

Holy cow. And here I was thinking you guys just sat around on the beach for two weeks. What was I thinking? You got kissed by a freaking dolphin!

::going to enlarge that pic cuz I aaaallllways listen to AV::

Eeeeek!

Katie said...

Everyone of these look like they were ripped out of some gorgeous, glossy tourism brochure! My mother's wisdom was don't be jealous, but you're making it hard.

Emily said...

WOAH! Now THAT is what fun looks like.
Thanks for sharing!

gelly said...

Loved the UV visor! Glad you guys had such a great time!

Hot Pants said...

We sat around and played Disney trivial Pursuit for two weeks, but your vacation looked fun too.

kristi said...

(wiping saliva from my chin) That. Looks. Awesome! We're ALL about taking off, and the holidays are THE BEST time for it. Glad to hear you had a "splendiferous" (it's a Fancy Nancy word) Christmas! We'll show your family around Samoa the next time we go, if we can tag along to Mexico sometime. Think it over.

Teresa Johnson said...

Wow...totally jealous! Looks like a perfect vacation...I found myself turning into the green eyed monster while perusing through your totally amazing pics. Looks like you had a ton of fun!

P.S.- Whale watching is number one on my bucket list...

Blog Archive

About Us