Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'm not what you'd call adventurous

I've lived in exactly two places.

1- B-town
2-Provo, UT (during my years at college)

I never intended it to be like that.  I always assumed I'd fall in love and marry a guy from another state and possibly live there,....or my hubby would have a job that would take him around the country perhaps?

But assumptions hardly ever turn out how you think.

Like, when I assumed the speed limit on R. Hwy was 60.

Or when I assumed that Char would wipe his feet before entering the house after playing in the mud.

Also, when I assumed that you couldn't really see that hole in my yoga pants.

I could go on and on but a voice inside my head is telling me to stop and I'm gonna go ahead and take it's advice.

I love my life and have no complaints.  But the point is that I live in a bubble.  I was raised her.  I have family here.  I know a brazillion people here.  The technical term I use for my situation is "isn't my life adorable" (said condescendingly).

I've become acutely aware of this as I've become currently obsessed with this show:





As well as my inability to turn off the TV when this is on:

I don't have any plans to move, considering mi esposo has his bizness here.  But if you gize hear of a job for him so  I could live for, say, a year  in a high rise apartment building, remote farmhouse in the European countryside, or a bungalow near the beach in Belize......you let me know.

Then I'll come back to B-town and slip right back into my bubble.  Soapy feet and all.

8 comments:

Elder Jack Anderson said...

You forgot your strong aversion to change.

Can't Shed mess around with people's money from anywhere? Isn't everything paperless and impersonal these days anyway? And can't he do his highly acclaimed radio show from the beach at Belize.

Make technology your friend and make it happen. Cuz I wanna come visit you and stuff.

Br Boys said...

The Bubble really isn't that bad...I miss a place 'where everybody knows your name'...You can come visit me anytime you want!!

Carol said...

Putting adventures aside--I'm sure glad you live in your little bubble--cuz it's a short drive to see you and those sweet boys. However, if you lived somewhere else--I'd drive there too. And House Hunter's International is awesome. The Idiot guy is hilarious.

Morgan's Visual Idea journal said...

I feel like I live in a bubble as well except that I hate it and wish I could live in different places. I think it would be fun to be in the military and move around a lot. But the military isn't hiring.

I love Ricky Gervais and all things associated with him and I love his dumb bald friend, too.

Morgan's Visual Idea journal said...

Ahhhhhh!!!!! That was me, Eek!!!

E said...

Bako rules tho! And I'd say spending Christmas in Mexico is pretty adventurous.

Totally gonna watch that show.

Emily said...

You rawk!

Katie said...

You would be willing to relocate for a 1-year position? How does DC sound? I can’t offer a dental plan, but I’m looking to hire a local bestie, and you seem fully qualified.

Blog Archive

About Us