Monday, February 11, 2008

"Issues" and medication
For the past 3+ months every time I lay down at night to watch TV or go to sleep my legs (from the knee down) and arms (from the elbow down) get numb and "fall asleep". It happens almost every single time I lay down and sometimes prevents me from falling asleep. In addition to that I get leg cramps/charlie horses 2-3 times a day mostly in my calves but also in my feet. At first I thought it had to do with my workouts and I would just suck it up. But now that it has been persistent, I figgered I should have it checked out. On my own I'd been trying to drink more water every day and have a banana (potassium).
So, I go in to the doctor and explain my symptoms, she asks a bunch of questions, etc. She tells me she thinks I have "restless leg syndrome". WHA? I've seen those commercials and mocked people that claim to have such a random syndrome! But she gives me a prescription for one of those pills and sends me on my way to "try it out". Well, I've taken it for three nights now and here is my report:
When I lay down I still feel my legs/arms starting to get numb.
But I fall asleep so quickly and sleep so soundly that i sorta don't care.
It turns out this is a RAD "nigh-night" pill for me. So, should I report back to her that I still feel the numbness coming on? Cuz right now I don't wanna give up my sleepytime candy.

6 comments:

Emily said...

BUT, do you have the urge to participate in excessive gambling?

Anna B said...

Give me a little som'som' I would just keep 'em coming if it helped me sleep.

Vegas Family said...

I agree with Anna, I would enjoy the deep sleep and say nothing.

You can always go to rehab and kick the habit after you have cought up on sleep for awhile.

Vegas Family said...

I agree with Anna, I would enjoy the deep sleep and say nothing.

You can always go to rehab and kick the habit after you have cought up on sleep for awhile.

E said...

I feel privileged to know someone with restless leg syndrome. I found this Southern California RLS support group for you:
http://www.rlshelp.org/
You are not alone.

Hot Pants said...

I have been secretly thinking I have RLS, and now, thanks to you, I am saying it out loud. I THINK I HAVE RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME! (That is me saying it outloud, so from now on, just know that if I put something in all caps, I am talking out loud)

Blog Archive

About Us