Thursday, July 03, 2008

My adventurous brother
He is always planning some sort of activity and this time it was a doozy.
Kayaking on the upper Rogue river.......with all the kids.....in blow up kayaks.
Here he is getting all filled up with his pb&j before we "shove off".Shed and my SIL blowing up the kayaks.
Char Char was esssited. I'll admit I was a little skeptical. I mean, it was going to be a 3-4 hour float and I'd never kayaked before and the little ones were only 4, etc.
But these "big" kids had done it before so they were ready to go.
The first 2 hours went GREAT. I manned a kayak with Cracker and Shed had Char Char in his and then Brains was with his older cousin in one too. Everyone was loving it. Then it started to get cold and started to rain. And the kids weren't having so much fun anymore. Can you tell who wasn't?
Char Char was the only one who loved every minute of it, if you can believe that. Here is my bro's family (minus his baby).
Typical Shed if you know him well enough. ::snicker::
After some rearranging of seats and sunnier skies, it turned out to be an awesome activity. Even Cracker was smiling by the end. Maybe that had something to do with the fact he was on dry land with a Red Vine in his hand? Look at these skinny kids.
So, my assessment is this: I wouldn't want to do it every weekend, but kayaking is super fun if you have all the cool equipment like my bro does. And it would be even more fun if I lived in a place as pretty and green as that too. But alas, I live in Bak-O. ::sigh:: Good times.


6 comments:

Kristin said...

I really liked those pictures. I hope I'm not stressing you out. I just don't have any clue about this stuff. My cousins did a family shoot I like the look of some of their shots too. Too bad we don't have a place like this. Darn Utah! Maybe Kern County Museum-that's probably making it complicated. travisandkarlee.blogspot.com/2008/06/we-got-family-pictures-taken-with.html

Kristin said...

Sorry, here's my email too kmckeon01@yahoo.com

homegirl said...

Looks like a fun trip! Kevin's family is sure cute, five kids! WOW!

kristi said...

You are WAY more adventurous than I am. I don't think I would even attempt that with my oldest. Give me a few years . . . maybe.

E said...

I'm impressed! We're more of an inner-tube family, I think.

Williams Family Dirt said...

Looks like fun...we will be going river rafting this summer. I am getting a little excited after looking at your pictures!

Blog Archive

About Us