Saturday, September 06, 2008

What my Saturday's will look like for awhile

Let me just say that I am lucky that Cracker is not interested in playing because it is enough that we have practices and games in 120 degrees for Brains. If we had to do that X 2 I'd be grouchy. Even at 9am it was unbearably hot.These are the Green Goblins. Brains just barely misses the age cutoff for his group. Can you tell which one he is? He's like a HEAD taller than everyone.
Some action shots fer duh.

And being the oldest he tells everyone else where to go, what to do, etc. ....

I actually LOVE watching my kids play sports. If only it could be nice and cold like soccer weather is supposed to be.

ps. me and my fam were camped out with our snacks and soda watching the whole time si claro. Thank goodness for a refreshments stand. Even at 9am you need goodies, no?


6 comments:

laura said...

Soccer + Bakersfield just doesn't work for me. I was SO glad when Davin said he didn't want to play this year. So, guess what he's doing instead- gymnastics!! I had to convince Brian that it is good for his core strength and flexibility, which will help in all of his other athletic endeavors. We watch he and Kea "practice" in a cool, air conditioned building. Now that's a B-town sport.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Brains is HUGE!! I can guarantee his legs are now longer than mine. No question.

PS Not to make you jealous, but I took a jacket to J's game today. I didn't necessarily NEED it, but I wouldn't have been dying with it on.

Jonesy said...

Our game was at 3:30 - But this week I brought my umbrella - much better than last week. I have the opposite problem with Nate, he's always the shortest kid on the field and today the other team looked like JR Hi kids - no wonder they got slaughtered. We always seem to get that kid that doesn't quite understand that it's his job to keep the ball OUT of the goal.

Hot Pants said...

9 out of 10, I choose to be hot. And snacks and pop are the BEST part of watching sports. The main reason for my season football tickets is for the roasted nuts I can get while I'm there. I'm addicted.

E said...

Brains is manly! I love that picture of him directing traffic. Yeah, we did soccer for two seasons here and then smartened up. I'm pretty sure the heat was slowly killing the kids.

ManicMandee said...

Total stud!

Blog Archive

About Us