Tuesday, January 20, 2009

TUNE IN TUESDAYS - or not

Top Ten Reasons There Will Be NO Tune In Tuesday Today:

10. Me, Myself, and I ( I cannot think of a context in which this phrase is NOT annoying) need a break to let the juices simmer a bit.
9. Martin Luther King day reeeeeally took it outta me.
8. My advice column needs to remain "rare and fancy". Two words that, outside of souvenir shops, are seldom properly used together. I'm thinking I am going to make it a catchphrase of my column.
7. I would like more time to practice my David Lee Roth Kick. You know which one I mean. Or better yet, memorizing the whole dancing scene in Thriller. And possibly having some extra time to challenge someone to a dance off.
6. I've made it a goal this year to have more unnecessary usage of spanish in normal conversation. So I need to study yo. Hola, ladies!
5. I plan on taking a shower and really feeling the water. When I finally have the time, I'd like to enjoy a shower like this. Today might be my day.
4. I miss "The Cosby Show" and have been saving up a day such as this to watch old episodes of it I have saved up on my tivo.
3. Some things have been really pestering me that I've never figured out. Like what does the song "Sussudio" by Phil Collins mean? And what exactly won't Meatloaf do in the song "I'll do anything for love...but I won't do that"? I'll find the answer. I know it!
2. You don't know what you've got til it's gone. At least..........that's what I'm planning on.
1. Boom goes the dynamite.

Those things being said, I will still be able to answer YOUR questions. I just can't offer any new advice of my own today. And I promise I'll try my best NOT to make my answers as big of a let down as "erasable pens" were back in the day.

15 comments:

eekareek said...

I think what Meatloaf won't do is probably the dishes, or change diapers. Just the typical guy, you know.

Unknown said...

Let us know when you have the David Lee Roth kick down. I can't wait to see that

Flem said...

Love, I mean AMO no. 6.

And I wondered about Sussudio as well.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Rare & fancy have always been the two words that come to my mind on TITuesdays.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I'm gonna think of a question though. You're not getting off this easy.

Emily said...

Dang. I was really looking forward to some useful advice.

Oh well.

Hazel said...

I am so sad, that you aren't giving us advice today...not sad, muy tristo?

Question-How do you let a lady know what she does on Tuesdays, is the most important thing another lady does with her life...without sounding creepy?

I am just going to think about leaving my shopping cart in the four corner for another week. I understand.

Is this about me giving myself better advice? 'Cause I seriously didn't mean to, and that was a one time thing.

E said...

Dear AskMemzy,

Que hora es?

Sincerely,
Me Llamo Henny

ManicMandee said...

I just left a comment and it didn't work. What's up?
Ok, I'll try to repeat.
I vote for another top ten list next week. It was really fun to read! Not that your advice columns aren't fun. You just outdid yourself, again.

Carol said...

Dear Memzy, How do I set my blog/iphone to beep me when people make comments on blogs. I'm way behind on this and don't want to run to my computer and look up everyone's post to see if they replied to my comments, yadda yadda.

Anna B said...

I know I have been a little MIA during your TIT but I do want you to know I still always "check in".

Hot Pants said...

This is the ONLY thing I like about Tuesdays. They are my Mondays, and tell me why I don't like Mondays? I wanna shooo-ooooooot the whole day down, down, down, down.

Memzy said...

Eek-good point
Nurseday-Will you join me when i do?
Flem-notice I said UNNECESSARY use.
Lulu-rare and fancy
Emily-I'm still here for your questions
Katie-Si claro. You let her know by always pointing a spotlight on her. And no it wasn't about your good advice. When you're good, you're good.
Te Llamo Henny-LOLLERZ!
MM-gracias. Top ten lists are fun.
Aunt Visor--If only dreams came true. But sadly no (or in english-->no)
Annie-glad you still check in. Does this mean now you won't? Top ten lists are your thing or no?
Hot Pants-just use a 10 gauge and hollow bullets.

Pearl Girl said...

I love TITuesdays, I can always count on it to give me a laugh, but I must be in too much of a funk, the whole post was like french to me.

Pearl Girl said...

umm I don't know how I got McKinley's name on my thingy. how annoying now I gotta use my brain. speaking of brains??

Blog Archive

About Us