Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Cooking with Clara: Episode 2 - Lemon Cake

Guess who was sooooo happy/essited to play at her Auntie Memzy's house?
I can't deny it you gize. My camera literally LEAPS into my hands when this kid is around. It's UNpossible for me not to get on the floor and start snapping. Well we've already decided (when I say "we" I mean me and Clara of course) that hers lurves coming to hang out with me. Hence, a happy baby. And since we've already decided (in this case "we" means me and the rock in my pocket) that baking desserts is far superior than actual nutrition...........it was time to bake!!!
Today's baking will include one of our fave recipes for lemon cake, courtesy of Aunt Visor and her lemon tree. Don't fret I'll give you the deets at the bottom. The whole recipe for your enjoyment. But catch a peek here.............Ooooooh moistness
Whilst the lemon cake is baking and wafting all hopes I had of staying low on calories, I was pretty much on the floor doing what I do with Clara. My sis says I'm obsessed. Well....

Char: Hey mom. Mom.......hey mom.... ::tapping microphone:: Is this thing on? You know, I'M here too by the way.
Me: Right Spiderman, I gotcha. But just hang on a second.

Oooooooh...........It hurts. Make it stop.


Char: My Spidey powers are being affected by her cuteness mom. I'm feeling weak.


Clara: Blahphew.....thsoooottthhh..........huh?


Char: Should I flex my Spidey muscles? Will that stave off the infection of the cuteness condition? (and make you take pictures of me too?)


Clara is painfully unaware of the affect she has. Sort of inconsiderate of her dontcha think?


Char: I'm...............fading...............can't................hold on..............

Clara: Wha? What'd I do?


Listen, I completely understand if you gize are bored by this stuff. I mean, pic after pic of blue eyes and velvet skin over pudgy cheeks. It's perfectly understandable.
Wait, I take that back. If you don't like to look at these you are officially dead inside.


In other news, the cake came out of the oven. This is my favorite part.
THE CRUST.

If socially acceptable, I could eat around the outside of that cake pan and nothing else. And now for the recipe. Thanks for tuning in and next time: Homemade Hot Fudge
Aunt Visor's Lemon Cake
1 lemon cake mix
1 small pkg lemon jello
4 eggs
3/4 C cold water
3/4 C oil
Mix in food processor for 1 min. Pour into greased 9x13 glass pan. Bake for 40-60 minutes at 350 degrees. Frosting: 1 box powdered sugar, lemon juice to runny consistency. Poke holes in cake with a large fork when hot out of the oven. Drizzle glaze over cake. Try not to inhale. That can affect your breathing.

15 comments:

E said...

You are killing me softy. I'm gonna make that de-lemon-icious treat tonight and eat it during AI. You had me at "1 lemon cake mix." KtextmelaterK

Flem said...

She really is super adorable and the favorite aunt photos are amazing. You two are a match made in heaven (you=photographer + her=photogenic)

Hot Pants said...

Adorabibble, fer shizzle.
I thought JESPY might have left out an "o", cuz I read it as Kotex-me-later-k, on account of your last post being a pms one.

ManicMandee said...

Clara is a gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous baby!!! I remember how painfully cute she was right after she was born with the cast on her arm. Ouch it was cute. Love her chub.
And that cake does look yummmmmmy.

Molly and Kip said...

Thank you so much for our pictures! We all loved them!! Shelly said you would be dropping cds by her house and to add any request if we want some. Would it be possible to get my families in both the sepia color and black and white? I think those were our favorite colors. Thank you again for doing them!!

Memzy said...

Jespy--It's the perf AI treat. Let me know how it turns out.
Flem--"match made in heaven" ::swoon::
HotDaisyDukes--I got the Kotek message as well. Not riding that pony yet.
MM--Oh the CAST. ::single tear::
Molly and Kip--You've got it. Easy shmeazy. Loved doing it!

Hazel said...

^^Hot pants is cracking me up.

That baby is so stinking cute. You know, I have a 50, 50 chance for blue eyes...maybe one more baby wouldn't hurt...NO!! Dang it!!

Also, the crust is gross. I would totally share a cake with you and I will eat the middle. Match made in heaven.

kristi said...

Which looks yummier, the cake or the girl? Since I didn't smell the cake baking (always MY favorite part), I'm thinking it's the girl.

Br Boys said...

This reminds me of the time I was over at your house and you had both the chocolate cake and the lemon cake. So I had Both!! You shouldn't have to pick one over the other. One might get it's feeling hurt!

ShelBailey said...

That is easily the second cutest baby I've ever seen. :0) She actually reminds me of Meg's "cousin twin" (born 1 week after Meg)...big blue eyes and pudgy cheeks. I wouldn't be able to lay off the camera either, and I only take so-so pics.

Thanks for the lemon cake recipe, sounds yummers. Who had the Molasses Cookie recipe? I need to find that...

Urmston Family said...

Thanks for the yummy recipe.

Emily said...

I'm not sure what's yummier, that little girl or the cake!

Krissy said...

my son just walked in the room and saw your pictures and started crying because he wants char's spideyman costume. I started crying because i want that piece of lemon cake.

Markie23 said...

I'm amazed that lemon cake calls for any ingredients past #1 - Lemon cake mix.

Christa said...

MMMM ymmy i will be making this soon!!

Blog Archive

About Us