Tuesday, March 03, 2009

TUNE IN TUESDAY

This is my IQ score you gize. I took this test last night. And we all know that whatever you read on the Internet is TRUE.
Here's what that little score up there might mean to you:

Over 140 - Genius or near genius
120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence
110 - 119 - Superior intelligence
90 - 109 - Normal or average intelligence
80 - 89 - Dullness
70 - 79 - Borderline deficiency
Under 70 - Definite feeble-mindedness
So basically, you came to the right place. I'm a genius. And now the Internet has proven that. In more ways than one.
Good advice #1: Let's all embrace the "Comfortable Silences". Let's face it......after a very long day/week of kids slamming doors, testing out their new "alarm system", running into each other full force which results in weeping and wailing, kids arguments that escalate to volume 11 about who's turn it is to take out the trash, Spongebob blaring from the TV, trumpet "practice", and the phone ringing, (to mention just a few)..............it's all about the quiet time. Who says you gotta sit and talk the evening away with your hubby once the kids are in bed? Just lie on the couch-slash-bed and stare up at the ceiling. Slowly allowing your brain to coagulate into a calm jelly-like form. Perfectly acceptable. I'm telling you,.......it's my sensitivity to sound that has prevented me from having any more kids. Well, that and the fact that my womb literally screams and hides in defense whenever a baby is near.
Good advice #2: Opposite day rules. We should all write our local congressman and make this an official holiday. Who wouldn't love to have ONE day a year where we get to shower with our clothes on, wear shoes on our hands, drive backwards down the wrong side of the road, have our kids do what we ask them to, have cashiers pay us when we buy items, lose weight by eating Hot Fudge Sundaes, and have our husbands do the cooking. Opposite day rules!
Anyway, if you people don't follow my advice you are on a one way track to Nowheresville. The genius meter says so.
What can I help you with?

13 comments:

Flem said...

Actually I would prefer some advice from someone feeble-minded so I can relate.

But good advice.

eekareek said...

Ohhhh, I feel kind of bad saying this but my IQ score was 143.

Pearl Girl said...

I have nothing cute or clever to say, I am in Awe of your Awesomeness and smartness!!!

E said...

Dear AskMemzy,
Which one of the following things is the least like the others?

Poem
Novel
Painting
Statue
Flower

No googling the answers!!!

Sincerely,
IQDoubleChecker

SAS said...

How in the heck do I speed up this whole induction process? Why do they show so many great food commericals when you can't eat anything? What has made me think I should do this again? I could go on and on--I think I'll quit there. Thanks advice queen

ManicMandee said...

How long is this flu I caught in bakersfield gonna last?

Hazel said...

I knew you were a genius the first time I laid eyes on this blog. I am just surprised it isn't higher. I thought you would be more genius than that, but I will accept the number cause the computer never lies.

Tell Jenny it is flower...but that still leaves this question. Is it okay to not do anything for a kids 2nd birthday? He isn't going to remember it anyway, right? And doesn't he still need a nap?

Memzy said...

Flem-- w/e

Eek-- I'm not surprised. You don't need my advice. Obviously.

Pearl Girl-- awwwww.

Double checker-- what was your score? Are you being humble and stuff?

SASsafrass-- please tell me you've had her now? I'm so impressed you were blogging while in the hospital. Priorities.

MM-- are you cereal? I can't believe it. That sooper stinks. It depends...some of us had it 2 days and some 7. ::guilty face::

Katie-- doyee, he won't remember. Just color a sign with crayon and take a pic for posterity. Done.

The Everyday Housewife said...

I'm so glad to know that I have been getting advice from a genius! Thank goodness, because when I took that same test, I scored a 72. I was a little upset (for about a day), but then I just lapsed into one of those "comfortable silences" and got over it pretty quickly. P.S. I'm glad your womb screams too!

ShelBailey said...

That stomach flu thing that Em's Sarah had lasts 2-7 days??? I figured it was just a 24 hr bug. I'm glad we escaped when we did. Poor Amanda!

And we are in awe of your IQ score. ;0)

Memzy said...

Vanessa--screaming wombs unite!!

ShelB--not the stomach virus. At least that's not what my family had. We had the flu, like influenza ,....fever, chills, achey, sneezing, coughing, etc. Which do you have MM?

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Dear AskMemzy,

What is a good way to remember, after reading your stellar posts on Google Reader on my phone, to go to the computer and comment? I keep doing this again and again. Does the string on the finger thing really work? I need to know cuz I'm getting worse & worse at this.

Let's see what your IQ says about this Miss SmartyPants.

Memzy said...

Landers-- This IS a dilemma. I have found myself in this same predicament many a time, especially of late. Since I am an iphone lover/user like you I suggest this. Go to your Calendar app, add in a task to remember, put an alert on it, and then have that alert repeat daily. So then when you are sitting on the couch at 10pm relaxing after your kids are in bed, your sweet little iphone will alert you to go sit your hiney in front of that computer to comment on all those posts. DAILY.
--signed Miss Smarty Pants IQ

Blog Archive

About Us