Thursday, March 05, 2009

Cooking with Clara: Episode 4 - Zucchini Bread (featuring special guests "The Visor's")

Hi,....my name is Clara. And I'm addicted to my gramma. And I'M the one who gets to have her right now. Don't come any closer. This is my gramma lap. And you can't have any of it.
Have I made myself clear? That's right. Just keep on moving.

And btw, I've requested that my mom surgically attach my blankie to my body. Don't even think about it.

Alright, alright, jeeez, Clara. I'll just stay over here in the kitchen with my Zucchini bread.
Aaaaaaaaaah. Zuke bread.
Look at these powdered sugar covered pieces of heaven.


Hey Auntie Memz! I'm ready for my close-up.
Such a diva.

Remember when you had toddlers in your house? And you had to move all of those breakable/spill able/make-a-mess-able stuff from those bottom cupboards? Well every other Tuesday..............I'm there.
Somebody's learned some new tricks. Not only is there some standing up goings on but there is also a lot of cupboard opening.....
Some "exploring" of sorts......
SUCCESS!!...............
Back to this veggie bread. You should know that this isn't really a "bread". It's more like a dessert really. EMat was having some reservations about the zucchini. Let me assure you,........I don't eat zucchini,...............EVER. I don't like it. Never have. Just ask Aunt Visor. But if you'll click on this picture down below you will notice that you can barely even see it. It's like it's not even there. Unless you want to count it as a serving of veggies for your diet then be my guest. Not that I've done that or anything.


And while I'm slaving in the kitchen....(cut to picture of me disheveled, in an apron, with flour on my face Lucille Ball style)........look what these hooligans are doing.
::sigh:: A bakers work is never done.


ZUCCHINI BREAD (DESSERT)
3 eggs
2 1/4 C sugar
1 C oil
3 tsp vanilla
3 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 C finely grated zucchini (about 2 zucchini)
Cream eggs and sugar. Add oil and vanilla and mix well. Put all dry ingredients together and add to wet mixture. It will seem dry but then stir in zucchini. Butter and powdered sugar (not flour) two bread pans and fill with mixture. Bake at 325 for 50-55 minutes. Just after they are removed from oven, sprinkle powdered sugar over the loaves. (I like to smear it on every inch with a spoon but that's just me)

11 comments:

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I'm having that overwhelming/slightly creepy feeling to bite those cheeks. I just wanna salt them up and eat them! I won't tho. Tell Becca to not be scared.

Oh, and the bread looks quite edible as well. QUITE edible.

Watsonville said...

Alright, so my question for you is what kind of camera do you have? I think I remember reading you got a new one for Christmas or something but I love the quality of the pictures. They are so beautiful. Even the plate of bread looks professional. Do share! The camera that is...not the bread. Although I'd take that too!

Carianne said...

I love how you capture your sweet little niece. She is just so dang beautiful. Her eyes make me melt. Your order has been shipped so when it arrives I will bring it by.

Your bread looks so yummy. I am just going to stare at it and trick my mind into thinking I am eating it and that way I don't gain any weight.

Hazel said...

So I made those molasses cookies that you posted forever ago. Wait, it gets more interesting than that. So, we had a big thing, like 70 people to feed, and my sister said that she had this amazing recipe for molasses cookies too. So we decided to have a cookie off. Her recipe came highly rated. Five stars with something like 1000 reviews. But when it came right down to it, guess who's cookies were gone first...yours. The crispiness on the outside mixed with the gooiness on the inside. Irresistable!

I am a bit behind. I am going to make your lemon cake for a family dinner coming up. I am going to double it because I know it is going to be that good.

Your blog is so educational. A great place to come for information. It is genius...literally.

Carol said...

Brilliant post with adorable pictures. What's not to love about that beautiful little princess. Thanks for sharing the pix AND the zuccini bread recipe. I find it amazing that your kids love it so much. Wait, they don't KNOW there's zuccini in it--do they? Genius

Flem said...

So... can you do a give away and then arrange it so I win some of the zuke bread? It looks amazing and my mouth is watering but I never have zucchini around.

And that baby is SO cute. Your commentary made the pics come alive!

Memzy said...

Landee--Becca feels so much better now.

Watsonville--fancy meeting you here! Canon 50 D. Heart it.

Carianne--You are such a tease! Can't WAIT til I get my "order".

Katie--You've made my day. Those cookies KILL. And the lemon cake will NOT disappoint.

Mom--obviously they know something named "zucchini" is in there. Cuz of the name and stuff. But I gaurantee they could not pick out a zucchini in the store. They might be looking in the baking goods section.

Flem--I don't do giveaways. But next time you come into town, if you remind me, I'll make you some no doubt.

E said...

The 1st pic and the diva pic are my favs of the bunch, followed closely by that mouth watering Zuke bread. Thanks for posting it twice. I'm dying here. Can't wait for the next installment.

PS. I discovered after making this that Zuke is sweet, much sweeter than pumpkin. I never knew until I ate it shredded up like that.

Anna B said...

I think we will have to plant zucchini this year for this very reason. Thanks again.

The Everyday Housewife said...

Thanks so much for posting all of your fabulous recipes. They are all FANTASTIC!! Maybe you would be kind enough to start your own baking show. I know it would be a real hit!!

ManicMandee said...

I can't say what looks yummier, the bread or Clara. Love that Diva pose!

Blog Archive

About Us