Tuesday, April 21, 2009

TUNE IN TUESDAY---I'm back yo

Hollah!!

Internet is a blessed thing when you have it on your phone whilst you are "offline". But nothing says, "I love you Memzy and your fast typing fingers" like a good old compy hooked up right in your very own home. Plus, I've been unpacking box after box after box. Alls I have left now is hanging pictures and organizing my pantry so I can find the spaghetti where it should be instead of in a crate next to the fruit snacks. But I cannot complain. I'm totally in love with her (the house that is). I've decided to name her Newer New Withington. Ha!!! Those Waite family members out there will catch it yes? I know you gize have been bugging and bugging in the comments for pics but I just haven't gotten to it yet. Soon. Very soon. In other news, my sis is contemplating NOT driving the distance to my new house for me to bbsit Clara every other Tuesday. Something about 40 minutes round trip each way. ::rolling eyes:: So I'm starting a "Save Cooking With Clara" campaign effective immediately. Please send your donations/uproar to my pay pal/complaints department. I'm sure my sis will be listening.

Now on to what you came for. My smarts have just been building up over these last few weeks and I'm ready to literal BURSTNESS with good wisdom and information. Here we go:

Good Advice #1: It's well known and daw-Q-mented that smarts do NOT equall abeelity to spell correktly. There's been studys. I can't link you to them right now but just trust me. I happen to be one of the highest IQ's out there and I still managed to spell the word fragile wrong on all of my moving boxes. Well, technically not ALL of them. I realized about 3/4 of the way through packing up my kitchen that I was spelling it how I was pronouncing it in my head according to the movie "A Christmas Story" when the dad gets his beautiful leg lamp in the mail that fateful night. You all know that scene. So the fact that I wrote "frajile" on many of the boxes didn't even phase those 8-10 doods that came to help us move furniture and boxes. Cuz they've heard of the studies. But mostly just cuz they know how smart I am. And how tired I was. So they didn't even flinch. And you shouldn't either. Misspele away.

Good Advice #2: Do NOT get a pet goose. If you have been given a choice of rabbit or baby goose for an Easter pet for your children...............go with the rabbit (I say this even having recently read, and been freaked out by, the book Watership Down, which is about rabbits). Better yet boycott all pets in your home and have your children resent you and be bitter the rest of their lives. At least your garage and back patio won't be covered with bird poop (that is nearly impossible to clean up) and your heart won't be weighed down with guilt on how to get rid of the thing. Plus, my neighborhood isn't even zoned for such a pet so it's only a matter of time before that neighbor, who's been giving me the strange looks when the goose is out, turns me in. I'm a rule keeper people!! I asked my friend that grew up on a farm how to solve this problem. I've been told I can wait a few days and then the family can go on a walk to the park where the other ducks are at the pond and let little JJ be with his "peeps". He'll be happier that way in the end.

So should you ask me some questions today? Or should I put on my sons' spiderman cape, put two cheese sticks in my ears and dance around the family room singing the American Idol theme song? You decide.

16 comments:

Lisa said...

Did JJ come from Grandma's house? I had a bunny as a child and I can truly say ditch both the bunny and goose! AS smart as you are I am sure you know male rabbits eat their offspring if given the chance. Trust me on that one, we found that out the hard way when our two female bunnies turned out not to be two girls! Wouldn't want to scar the kiddos would we? Glad you are back and welcome to the ward!

Markie23 said...

THEME SONG, THEME SONG, THEME SONG!

Flem said...

I don't actually need either one of these pieces of advice but it was fuuuunnnny reading them. I will note not to get a goose but I did get a huge chuckle out of the Christmas Story moment.

Cristin said...

I vote theme song but as long as you film it for us and post it for the world to see otherwise... nevermind. I'm so happy to see your back, even if it means your walls are a bare for a little while longer. It took me 2 years to hang pictures up when we bought our house....so you have time.

Before I forget...Dear Memzy, what should I make for lunch today? I'm not feeling inspired, plus I'm gonna make lunch for my girlyfriend who lives across the street.

Thanks,
Sick of pb&j sandwiches in Oregon

E said...

I love you Memzy, and your fast typing fingers. But who named your goose VaJJ? Inappropriate. You could exchange your goose for a desert tortoise to soften the blow. They don't poop on the patio.

Drop everything and post some pictures, K? I need to see how you arranged your furniture, and how it all looks next to those fancy White House columns.

Mary said...

I, too, vote for the theme song in costume! Also, eager to see pix of the new abode!

Memzy said...

Lisa-tis true. It's the gramma goose gift ::sigh:: thanks for the welcome.

Markie-no comment

Flem- right?

Sick of pbj- hit taco bell. That's always my fall back.

Jespy-they are mawble collums and we plant to faux paint them. Ha!!

Mary-you too eh?

Elizabeth Bailey Waite said...

Sorry for the goose .... well ... sort of. I loved seeing the boys so excited. You do have a couple of options. You can put up a tiny little wire fence to keep him in the corner of the yard. Or you can bring him back to Grandma and let Evie and Preston chase him around. He's an exotic species you know, and it might be interesting to see what the ugly gooseling turns out to be. We wouldn't want him traumatized by "regular" geese at the park.

Unknown said...

I too vote Theme song with the ear thing but I do need some advice:

Dear AM,

If you want new dining room curtains and the ones you want are kind of expensive do you really need to have some big discussion with your husband about "budgets" and "prioritizing" and "other equally lame stuff?" Or can I just get them and then later, when he a) sees them either hanging in the dining room or b)sees the charge on the credit card just look at him like Gilly on SNL and say "Sorry."
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT23MoPxn9c)

Signed,

HasCreditCardReadyinDenvah

Elder Jack Anderson said...

What the??

That ^^^^ was me.

Lametard.

Emily said...

I'm here to attest that you are, in fact a genius! I AM going to master my quordy skills and beat you one of these days!

What do your boys think about the goose?

Memzy said...

Liz- That's a great idea! The boys are starting to complain about taking care of it anyway. The novelty has definitely worn off.

CreditCardHolder--This one is tricky. I've tried it both ways and have decided that Gilly is the best "go-to" plan evah! Shed and I often Gilly-tize eachother. That's one of our fave sketches. I use it most commonly for when I leave the oven on after cooking dinner. ::Gilly face:: "huh?"

Emat-See above for boys perspectives. And srsly do NOT stop sending me qourdy challenges. I love getting them!!

Anna B said...

Maybe JJ needs to go on a road trip? I would love to see our dog chase the little thing around the yard ::hint::hint::

kristi said...

I almost forgot that it was Tuesday! Nice to see you back, and just in time, too. I'm in quite the perdicament (smartz does not equal super speller because it wasn't a "dumb" person that invented spell check . . . ) What's the BEST way to beat the heat in Bako when it's (only) April? Popsicles weren't cutting it today.

ManicMandee said...

Do the song and dance in the cape while videoing it. Then post. Pretty please.
Thanks for telling me I'm not stupid because I can't spell.

Hazel said...

Is cheese sticks and spiderman cape seriously an option? I am choosing that.

I am so glad you are back, and know that I now you can mispel I feel like I can finly relax. I have bein stresing for yeres about usage and speling. It stems from the speling bee back in the furst grade when i speled do wrong. It has already been discused.

Now question: (ignore this part and post a video of dancing ASAP)

The sitch: My neighbor, that I am sure doesn't realize I have a life too, is constantly sending her kids over. We have been going on walks together in the morning, and her kids just follow me home. Even her one year old. I am not sure what she is doing all day, but it is pretty clear by the end of out walk that she has had enough of her kids, and thinks it is perfectly fine to take the rest of the morning off. This really limits my time for important thing like reading SRBC books that I keep hearing good thing about, and time with my babies...the peas growing in my real garden, not my literal babies. Is that a question?

Blog Archive

About Us