Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dear Chicago, fer realz




Hey, It's Memz. Since you and I are new BFF's I really shoulda written you a better letter before. Chicago, you were the best. The hostess with the mostest. You let me come at the last minute (literal hours before plane takeoff) to join Shed on his long weekend of a business trip. You didn't even CARE that I had thrown stuff in a suitcase, hoped there was food in my house for the BYU-student-home-for-the-summer-bbsitter, bought a plane ticket, and drove to LAX to be with you. You knew I was just doing my best to exercise my "spontaneous" muscle. That particular muscle doesn't get worked out very often. It's not used to that kind of "flexing".
You let me see the Sears tower. And check out the Chicago Board of Trade. And you don't even think it's weird that those doods and dude-etts wear those weird mesh vests and scream waving papers and doing hand signs. Commodities trading. Phew Chicago. How do you do it?
You showed me your huge buildings and cool architecture.


Some of those buildings you've had are over 100 yrs old. That's totally old and stuff.



You allowed me to listen to an up-and-coming hip hop artist trying to sell his CD (who is going to be completely famous one day, I can feel it).



The columns............oh the columns.


This one is for you Roxie. In honor of flag's day this weekend.


I got to see your Millennium Park with that awesome "bean" sculpture.

You had me mesmerized.

Can you see me, Chicago? I couldn't take my eyes off of you.
I even got to watch them film a commercial there. I'll be looking for it on TV.






You even have an aquarium named after my hubby!!



I got to see your very own Navy Pier.


I totally want to bring my kids back here Chicago.
You really know how to show families a good time.


You made sure it was a beautiful 78 degrees for me while I was there. Sunny and gorge.

You even named a restaurant after my boy. Soooo nice of you.



And to top Navy Pier off you had Zack from "Little People Big World" come to visit on the very same day. I didn't ask for his autograph tho. Us famous people need to stick together.

You showed me many bizarre/coolio sculptures.
And beautimus skylines.
You were patient when I "duked it out" with one of our traveling companions on Nikon vs. Canon. You gize know who wins that one.
I even got some geography lessons from you while I was there.
So, to sum it up, my beloved Chicago, even tho I only could stay with you a few days you will be in my heart forever. And, if you are willing, I will be bringing myself AND my 3 boys back here in the future. Hopefully sooner rather than later.


Love, Memzy


ps
. Sorry I didn't wash your sheets.

9 comments:

Carol said...

Fer Real? That was Zach? Loved the pictures. Must go there some day. Glad you had a great time.

Flem said...

Thanks so much for this post! I have only been there one time and it was brief--I will be flying in and out of this place in the upcoming year and I wasn't too jazzed about the weather. This reminded me that it is going to be awesome.

Beautiful weather! You deserve it.

ShelBailey said...

I love Chicago, too. Just not in February. Or August. It's one of those places where Sam says, "Well, it's dang cold in the winter, but, at least it's sweltering in the summer!" You went at the perfect time.

Those Nikon peeps just don't know what they're missin'....

Glad you had a great time!

Emily said...

How spontaneous and fun for you. A live viewing of Oprah would have totally made it even better.

MaryLou said...

Hand on heart, awesome recap, cute pics of Shed & Memzy.

Janna said...

What a fun trip Emily! I'm so glad you got to go.

Gretch said...

Hey Memz, I didn't know you ended up going! How great you guys look like you had a blast. I'll be home Sunday.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Jumping on a plane at the last minute? Leaving your kids with some college student?

It's like I don't even know you anymore.

Glad you had fun. Get anything at H&M? They don't call it the Magnificent Mile for nothin'.

E said...

You've had a blog makeover! It's lookin' snazzy up in here. I love your pics! When you go back, take me with you. Please. I must go.

Blog Archive

About Us