Saturday, June 13, 2009

Swim Meet

Remember when you were a kid and trying out a new sport/activity/instrument for the first time? You'd been practicing and trying to learn and get better. But then came the time for all of your practice to be tested? And remember how your stomach was doing somersaults and you probably had the sweats and maybe even shaking a little?
Yeah. Well, its a brazillion time worse when you are the mom.
Tell me I'm not alone in this. Someone please throw me a bone here.
Luckily for him, Brains had no such problems being nervous on his first swim meet, which took place a couple of weeks ago.
Photobucket
I've never been a very good swimmer myself. I can doggie paddle like a pro. And I was even a lifeguard in high school so that counts for something right?
But this whole world of swimmers was totally new to me. They write their events, (and other things) on each other with sharpie. Sharpie you gize. Luckily, my good friend who was helping get the kids signed in that morning knew to put the sharpie only on places that the white shirt and tie would cover up. Cuz church the next day and stuff.

New to me. New to me. Not that I wasn't loving every second of it.
Shed kept laughing at me onnacuzza my excitement/nervousness every time his event came up.



Him,......not so much nervous-making.


We camped out by the Luthie's most of the day. Soooper fun.



Who'd have known he'd kill in backstroke.

Check out the groupie's on the other side of the pool cheering him on. Liesl (in the pink) knows how to do it right. She's tutoring me how to be a swimmers mom.


Brains fave part by far was getting to start up on the blocks.


Right here is about the time I'd start sweating right into my pits. Gross. But true. What? You gize don't get those? Well, then I have nothing else to say to you about that.

Breaststroke fer rizzles.
Photobucket

Lollerz he kept looking to the side to see where the other kids were. And then no more laughing cuz you aren't supposed to do that.


This is how the "other's" were doing in the meantime. Cracker brought his magnifying glass and they were burning holes in stuff. Good times.

Alls I can say about this one is that he is luckily worshipped by the Luthie girls and therefore is out of my hair the whole time. Thank heaven for Luthie girls.
I've come to a decision.





Swim meets rule. Girls drool.



Oh wait. Nooo.



Swim meets rule. I'm cool.



Or maybe.

Swim meets rule. Sharpen your tool.



Well, you know what I mean.

9 comments:

ManicMandee said...

I had no idea Brains was a swimmer too. The kids is just dripping with talent in all areas isn't he? Cool stuff going on there!

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Awesome pics! And what's wrong with sharpie on the back? That's how Gty and I leave love notes to each other.

Go Brainage!

Emily said...

This post looked a lot like our day yesterday. Swim meets ARE fun! Brains totally looks like he's ready to go pro. Give him a big high five from me.

eekareek said...

Swim meets rule,
Sharpies are cool!

I am excited for my kids to start playing sports and stuff. This gets me even more excited.

Krissy said...

I really feel a lot better about taking my kids to the pool now knowing they let people who only doggie paddle be lifeguards. Brains looks like a pro already!

p.s. love the chicago pictures! You made me want to go there myself-gorgeous!!

E said...

Next time, sharpie some gills on his neck for me. That should do the trick.

Anna B said...

Welcome to my Club!!! That's the "Kids in Sports" Mom club, and loving every minute of it. I can't wait to learn how to take cool picture of my kids in there sports stuff with my new camera. See you soon.

The Everyday Housewife said...

Totally know what you mean about the sweating in the pits! Congrats on having such an amazing swimmer! Love the sharpie!

Janna said...

I want to do this next summer! Looks like tons of fun! And your pictures are aweseome!

Blog Archive

About Us