Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Hotels and Dead Prezzies (may he rest in peace)

We decided to celebrate Memorial Day weekend last minute this year. I'm usually not really the spontaneous type. Ever since Kindergarten when my friends and I spontaneously started playing Star Wars on the playground and I was NOT picked to be Princess Leia. Instead, my "friend" Carrie jumped in front of my to scream "I'll be princess leia!!" and I didn't have the guts to contest it. I didn't like confrontation. Back then. For the rest of my delicate 5yr old year on the playground I was destined to be a storm trooper or even the occasional foray as Chewbaca. And I just know that if I would have planned the recess game beforehand I'm sure Jeff T. (Luke Skywalker) and Chad H. (Hans Solo) would have already known my plans to be Princess Leia and all would have been right with the world. My spontaneity has never been the same.


Are you gize still here?



Anyway, we headed down to the LA area for a little R&R/fun with our friends and the kiddos. Hotel pools and hot tubs are my fave thing in the world. Here are some of my pool posers.





Some of them are a little more into "posing" than others. You can decide who.







I'm not too big on museums/library's either. I know some of you will consider me dead inside because of it. But I just don't ever feel like using up my vacay time to do THAT. But Shed really wanted to check out the Ronald Reagan Memorial Library in Simi Valley. Being the totally supportive and loving wifey that I am,....I obliged.




Now I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong. Kinda like that time in LA 7 yrs ago when Shed and I were driving from a restaurant and trying to find the freeway (before iphones you gize). I was ADAMANT that it was "this" way and Shed thought it was "that" way. I was so confident I even bet him a foot rub if I was wrong. You gize know of my insane aversion to feet right? Just ask Landee and Gty about the time they made me cry.


Sooooo
, I was wrong. I was so wrong that we ran right into the Pacific Ocean at which point I immediately started seizing and convulsing thinking about my future task of the feet. And did I admit I was wrong? Oh did I EVER admit I was wrong. I admitted I was wrong to the tune of "I'll do ANYTHING else except the feet I was SOOOO WRONG!!!" ::sob choke sob::


Well, I was wrong about this library/museum. It was awes. My kids loved it. I loved it. And who doesn't love Reagan anyway?


They have air force one exactly how it was when he flew to the Soviet Union to tear down the wall. You can walk through it and even do the presidential wave at the door. I killed as the first lady btw. Tho they wouldn't let us take our own pics of it.
My little Cracker wouldn't let us leave a room until he had seen every single artifact. He was bug eyed the whole time.









They had videos and rooms that were representing how it was
during his time: oval office, press room, etc.
It was super cool and I will try to be more open minded in the future.



Kinda like the time when...............................................................never mind.

12 comments:

E said...

Those stories from your past made a lot of sense, and showed your three-dimensionality. I'm so glad you changed your mind about museums tho. That would have put a damper on my dream for us to visit the Alamo together.

Carol said...

You've inspired Dad and I to go see that museaum. It looks awesome and do-able for us. And of your three boys. . . . .my thoughts are that CharChar is the poser.

Flem said...

Love museums/cool libraries.

Not this kind, but still, glad you enjoyed it.

The Everyday Housewife said...

Very cool museum. I will have to check it out. I usually take my kids to museums for "education" reasons, but have to try SUPER hard to look interested myself. Usually end up in the corner trying to sneak a catnap. Loved the story about the playground. Great pix!!

Mary said...

We went to the Reagan library a couple of years ago and loved it. I'm so glad Shed won this one.

TimW8 said...

You talked about the Reagan Museum but not the Night at the Museum Movie...was that as good? Not all museums are created equal are they.

Emily said...

When you said "Dead Prezzies" my first thought is that JJ the goose died. You know, dead present?

Looks like a good time and congrats on getting past your distaste for museums. Reagan was a stud.

Janna said...

I've always wanted to go there. You've inspired me.

homegirl said...

Glad you guys had a great time! Jake has been wanting to go to the Reagan Memorial, maybe I'll give it a try now! Thanks for that amazing chex mex recipe, the fam loved it!

kristi said...

Sam and I were just talking about visiting the library in the next month or so. If I tell my kids that you guys went, they will be even more excited. I'm sure the plane will be the BEST part for us, too. And while I think this is a great (and close) historical place, you should hear the others Sam wants to visit. ARGH!

Cristin said...

haha I love your stories!! hahahaha

I want to go see dead Prezzie museum!

Katie said...

I too have a foot aversion. I don't think people realize how serious it is. They get all offended like it's "their" feet... My feet are also admittedly gross, and I would never ask anyone to touch them.

Blog Archive

About Us