Thursday, August 13, 2009

the 4-0 continues: part two

I remember once when I was a kid just DYING to have a Cabbage Patch doll of my own. You know, this was 1983 and I was 8 years old and CPKids were huuuuuge. They were also totally expensive. So, my mom took me downtown to a locally owned craft shop and bought me a "knockoff" that some lady from Oildale had made. (In all fairness, my parents did eventually buy me the real thing but just couldn't afford it at the time). I hope it didn't show but I was incredibly disappointed.



Yeah, this was NOTHING like that.


Prezzie time for the lovers of 40years!! We all gathered that morning to take pictures and see them open each other's gifts. Aunt Visor had spent hours putting together a photo book for Uncle Visor of all their years together. It's a lot of work. You're gonna have to trust me on this. He lurved it!!! Doyee. And then it was her turn for a gift.
Again,...this was nothing like the CPK debacle of 1983.
She received a silver photo locket with her inish engraved on the front. She's been wearing it ever since. I think I even saw her come out of the shower with it on the other day.



Awww
...............tender.

Then it was time for our little contribution from the Visor's offspring. My biggest bro had their wedding photo made into a canvas print and framed. I'm pretty sure it's mounted over their bed right now. AV you can correct me if I'm wrong.



I dare any of you to claim you have cuter parents than these.


Triple dog dare even.


Here lies the grandchildren of those cuties. I think they might be pretty cute themselves but I'm biased. (or so I'm told but whatever)

This next picture might be bearing the fruits of that Cabbage Patch Doll seed of yesteryear.

I'm not sure our family ever got over it. Trickle down.....
When life throws you lemons...make lemonade.


Either that or seek medical help.



ps
. this whole story about the cabbage patch doll is definitely true tho I was only using it as a literary device to catch your attention and it in no way implies that I am emotionally damaged by receiving such a gift. I just like to sound witty to cover up my nerdyness.

5 comments:

Katie said...

The extreme adorableness of them is making me nauseous. They the are rootin' tootin' cutin'-est couple ever. 40 years is definitely a reason to celebrate.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I won't take that dare. Even the double dare doesn't tempt me.

I can't wait to peruse through the photobook and lay on their bed and stare at the photocanvasthingy. I'll try not to cry on the pillows tho. It's gonna be tough.

E said...

Ironically, I have the same fake cabbage patch sob story. It happened one Christmas. All us girls got fakos. After we opened our presents, we took our fake cabbos down to bako to visit your hubby's family, as was the tradition, only to find multiple cabbage patches (the real ones with birth certificates and everything) discarded all over the Shederton house. I think even Andy got one. Those lucky devils.

I'm not gonna take your dare either. I love that picture of them holding their wedding picture.

Emily said...

^^I totally remember that!

eekareek said...

NERD!

Blog Archive

About Us