Friday, August 14, 2009

Let's get this party humping!!

My friend says that ^^^^^. I would never say it. It's so crass.
I'm much too conservative and proper for that.


The day came for the actual par-tay. There were about 80 invites sent out and we had a very good showing. We did the whole shin-dig at my "crib". (tho not crass I am working on my hip-hop credibility)Tons of people brought loverly cards and we set up a book that peeps could sign notes, etc. Obviously my parentals are beloved by all.
How do you like this close up of the engagement photo? We put it on the invite too. If only beehive hurr doos were still "in". ::sigh::



Originally I had planned on doing all the food myself. Then I wised up straight away and had the main stuff catered by Sorella's Italian Restaurant. I would HIGHLY recommend it. The owner lady was fab and the food was drool worthy and the price was even better!!

Salad and cheesy garlic bread.

Two pastas: chicken artichoke in Alfredo, and homemade beef ravioli

I'm hoping you aren't noticing me sitting at that table licking my fingers. My bro-in-law kindly offered to take the pics this night since I would be managing the food. And you can see how clearly I WASN'T managing the food here. In more ways than one. I'm not embarrassed.



My sis on the left and my Doctor Bro on the right.
My sis is going to have a little side biz of cake decoration.............if I have anything to say about it. She made this cake for the night. Gorge.


But, you know, no party is complete without a margarita man machine? My other bro was in charge of beverages. I think he's proud don't you?



Dessert bar!!!! Chocolate fondue you gize. Dark chocolate and milk chocolate selections. (that's what I was licking off my fingers btw)
AV enjoyed it too. See, the finger in the mouth thing is hereditary I think.



UV with my cute nieces Tasha and Christine (aka Kook Aid Baby)


Deco fer rizzles.


I'm totally their favorite.


Happy Anniversary to my parentals and thanks to my siblings for traveling and helping out so much!!

12 comments:

Carianne said...

Send my happy anniversary on please! :o) Maybe even give em some love from me. I do think you are their favorite for sure after this party. How fun! I did start drooling when I saw all the yummy food too.

And girl I need to know where you live. I have a little something for you and I am a bad friend and have not gotten it to you sooner. My bad! Hope you still love me!

eekareek said...

It looks delicious! I am going to go eat now.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Love the decor & the food looks fab! Where'd you get those big puffy white things? They are adorable!

Memzy said...

Carianne, you silly girl. I will always love you (sung like Whitney Houston). Just call me and I'll give you my address.

Eek, eat away. Just like I did.

Landerson, those puffy white things were courtesy of Martha Stewart from Michael's craft store and I made them myself and they are CHEAP and EASY and adorable.

ps. I'm going out of town tomorrow. Expect real-time blogging from Huntington Beach CA.

ManicMandee said...

That looked like a perfect party. And I am impressed with Becca's cake decorating! Happy anniversary to your wonderful parents.

Mary said...

Looks like you did a great job. Congrats to your folks!

Krissy said...

Way to get the "party humping". I am impressed...you are the hostess with the mostest!

Emily said...

I can't get past the title!

E said...

Looks humptastic.

Hot Pants said...

Definitely looked like a humpin par-tay! Especially with that margarita machine.

The Everyday Housewife said...

Awsome party!! You are such a great daughter.

Carianne said...

I NEED YOUR DIGITS BABY!!!

Blog Archive

About Us