Monday, December 07, 2009

Wasn't Thanksgiving,....like.....YESTERDAY?!

I've seen some cool posts about Thanksgiving. Beautiful turkeys. Buttery side dishes. Fun crafts. Luscious desserts. I just thought I'd give you fair warning that this one will one-up them all. Cuz you gize are gonna be JEALOUS!! (said like Amy Poehler in her SNL days).

We got to eat Thanksgiving dinner in St George at.......


I can literally feel your green with envy face glaring at me through the computer screen. I can feel it.
We even got to wait in line for 30 minutes! Who'd have thunk other people would be doing the same thing?
There were obviously plenty of little ones and big ones. Goofballs, that is. That restaurant LOVED us.
We took up like 11teen tables at least.

Some of us were filled up to our liking more than others.

There are pluses to this situation: No cooking. No dishes. No leftovers (that one can be counted as a plus OR a minus....depending on your perspective or how much you gleaned from math class....cuz math is hard)

We did some park hopping (in the NON-Disneyland way)

You know, kicking it with the littles, at the swings...

...in the car seat...etc.

But first and foremost our whole reason for being there in St George was this.

Molly and Scott went through the temple for the first time and were sealed the same day. It was awesome.

Above and below an example of a real photographer. With real equipment stuff. Check out that lens!

The cutest. Couple. Evah.

Everyone but Sam got to be there and witness this cool event.

They were glowing you gize. Look at that halo? (also cuz Scott is going to photography school and suggested we face that way onnacuzza the lighting on the hair). But, also,....halos.

I can't really explain this photo but it had to be put in here.

One of the missionaries that taught Scott the gospel got to come to the sealing.

Have I mentioned the cute couple yet? Ahhhh. To be young and happy and have naturally curly/gorgeous hair like that.

You know these ladies right? None other than the Waite sisters.

On the way home Shed wanted to stop in Mesquite/Bunkerville area and take a pic at this statue. Those are his ancestors, you gize. And they settled this place. And, and....you can see how well educated I am in genealogy.

We also got to play games in a tiny hotel room, let the kids swim in the chain link fence surrounded hot tub, see the Christmas Carol movie in 3D, and stopped to visit JennyESP and fam in LV on the way to and from. And it only took us 7 hours to drive home from LV!!!

A good Thanksgiving.

Now that we are well under way to Christmas I have a request. Since we moved to our new house in April I'm afraid a lot of peeps don't have our new address. And because I directly relate my self worth to how many Christmas cards I have up on my wall/fridge, I need you gize to send me one. Mmmmkay?

To get my new address email me at emily k w 8 at gmail dot com.


It's really up to you whether I spiral down into a deep depression come 12-25.

14 comments:

The Heber's said...

Such a FANTABULOUS Thanksgiving feast! I'm really going to have to try that out next year. My kids would be thrilled!! Love all the pix. What a fun weekend!

Katie said...

Cutest couple evah? Yes! And I would know, because for 3 weeks I got to sit right behind them at church and do nothing but breathe in all of their cuteness.

And then they moved wards.

{{I hope those 2 stories aren't related}}

Mary said...

Who cares where you eat; it's who you eat it with that matters and it looks like you had a fantastic group to share it with!

Andrea's Mom said...

such a sweet post...I remember Molly when she was 5 years old chasing my younger brother.

time flies...I wish I could too...

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Fabulous pics! I HEART HEART HEART the one of Molly givin' the thumbs up. Perfection.

And the Golden Corral, huh? Why was I picturing, like, a buffet in a nice hotel or something? I don't wanna judge, as I've never eaten at a GC but...whaaaaa?????

Carol said...

Really great pictures, good people, good weather and fun times. Loved the picture of Molly and Scott. They are adorable!!! Looks like there was a pile of puppies (kids) at that gathering. Fun times.

Emily said...

Good times indeed. White trash buffet and all.

eekareek said...

I am jealous of everything except the buffet. At least no one over ate there cuz the food is nasty. Next time drive through Boise on your way home.

E said...

Scolly does look quite adorable! Great pictures, the Waite family at their best, but how dare you shove all that fun in our faces. humph.

ManicMandee said...

I would have eaten at McDonalds to avoid cooking and dishes and messes to deal with. Golden Coral was totally worth it indeed!

It was so great to be there wasn't it? I loved seeing your rendition of events.

I didn't realize how fat I was until I saw the picture of the Waite sisters. It helped re-modivate me. Thanks!

You will most definitely be getting a Christmas card from us. No worries.

Krissy said...

I am trying to glean all of the sunshine from your pictures...it is soooo freezing here!

Shed said...

Is that really our address out there for the whole world to see??? Are you kidding me???

Memzy said...

Oh my word.

E said...

^^Haha. Sorry. That was funny. If you get invaded, it won't be funny anymore tho.

Blog Archive

About Us