Friday, January 01, 2010

Christmas, Cameras, and Canines

What a great Christmas. I think my kids would unanimously agree that this was one of their best yet. Here is a very blurry pic of Christmas morning waiting to head out and see what Santa brought.

Photobucket

This is one of the few and consistently out-of-focus pictures I have of the best Christmas ever.

WHY? ::choking back a sob::

My camera is BROKED!!!! Yuppers. Lots of frustration. 2 out of 10 pictures turning out. Multiple calls into customer service (very helpful people btw). Turns out is has some major issue and I have to mail it in to be fixed. ::watching it drive away on the FedEx truck, single tear::

No pic of Christmas Eve games and treats here at my house with the Waite's on Christmas Eve. No pics of the kids faces as they opened their goodies. No pic of the kids playing their new Wii together. No pic of me getting worked over by Brains in Wii boxing. No pic of my Wii boxing injury from repeatedly trying to beat Brains in that game. No pic of Shed taking a nap on the couch. No pic of Christmas dinner at the Visor's house and all the nummy food and people there.

You gize will just have to use your imaginations on those. As will I.

But what I do have for you, thanks to Shed's iphone, is this video.



We. Got. A. Dog.

^^Never thought those words would escape my mouth. After years and years of begging, the boys finally got what they wanted. Specifically Cracker. He cried on and off for a few minutes he was so happy.

Se, we've had her for a week now and here is the rundown of information:

Photobucket

We got her from the pound. She is 3 1/2 yrs old. A scraggly stray. Some type of Terrier mix with some Chihuahua and maybe a little Pug or something (hence the twisty tail?). We named her Rue. I might have done some persuading with the name but the kids all voted on it. She was already house trained, responds to her name, and has yet to bark. After a visit to the groomers and a nice bath she's not too shabby.

Photobucket

::sigh:: Ok,.......I think she's growing on me.



Oh, and Happy New Year you gize!!!

12 comments:

Cristin said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! I can not believe you got a dog! I'm so jealous, my heart will always belong to chillalas that aren't barky....sigh With a face like that I"m surprised you can resist at all.

E said...

I can't believe I'm going to type these words, but... I kinda want a scraggly mutt from the pound named Rue, now. She's actually kind of perfect. Does that crystal clear picture of Rue mean you got your camera back?

Godlonton Family Adventures said...

How fun!! I loved the video, the reaction was great!

Katie said...

"How bout we name her...How bout we name her...How bout Jack names it?"

I love that part.

Memzy said...

Cristin--"chillalas" Ha!

Jespy--nope, camera is still out. It took me 127 shots to come up with each clear one of Rue.

GodlontonFA--Good to see you!

Katie--I know, right? It's like they knew how much it meant to Jack.

Hot Pants said...

"I love you guys." Best line ever. I was crying right along with him. We should get Rue and Jane together for a play date.

Emily said...

That video made me cry! Jack is the sweetest kid. It's always great when our kids appreciate the things we get for them. This is HUGE for you! You have made those boys dreams come true and that dog is pretty cute.

ManicMandee said...

I've been contemplating getting a dog for a long time. Eden really wants one. That just made me kinda want to do it too. We'll see.

Rue is cute!!!! Congrats and I hope you enjoy her. Cute name too. Don't let her get speared though.

Flem said...

My favorite lines:

"To keep?"

"We are going to save a dog's life."

Elder Jack Anderson said...

My fave line was "We are going to go save a dog's life tomorrow" too Flemmy!! ::doing the BFF signal::

I read this, like, .02 seconds after you posted it...but it was from my phone and I hate commenting on the phone. But SOOOOO FRIGGGINN CUUUUTTTEEEEE!!! I adore Rue. The face. The name. The fact that she didn't die cuz you saved her life. It's all good. And a Christmas miracle.

(Does she clean up your floors for you? That's really all dogs are good for.)

Carol said...

I've watched the video so many times I think my computer is getting annoyed. Can't help it. It's priceless. I will share some of the "pre-Christmas-dog gift" comments made by Jack to me.

1. Don't get me any presents Gramma. All I want is a dog. Maybe you could chip in on a dog.
2. I really want a dog, but. . . .they're never gonna do it. Never. sigh
3. I just want a dog so bad. so bad.
4. It's never gonna happen.
5. I saw this show last week Gramma about how dog's live in a shelter and if someone doesn't adopt them--they're killed.

These statements aren't verbatum but you get the idea. Oh, and here's one from Charliel. "Gramma, guess what--you have a new grand daughter--it's a dog and she's a girl" I corrected him--it's a "grand dog". Let's not get carried away.

SPOWERS said...

Oh my goodness! that video was priceless!

Blog Archive

About Us