Wednesday, January 06, 2010

It's that one in 100,000 thing

I have this weird body. All my life I've had these unusual symptoms with stuff that is rare. Nothing has ever been serious or life threatening. Always just enough to annoy me and my whole family. The most extreme case, however, was when I was a senior is high school and was undergoing a series of tests for an upper GI pain that had been going on for months and was, thus far, undiagnosed. Cut to the CT scan waiting room in which you could pick the regular contrast-dye for the test, or pay a bunch of extra and get the non-ionic contrast dye. only 1 in 100,00 are allergic. Easy choice right? Now cut to me losing my ability to breath and the nurses and doctors knocking me out. Cut to me waking up to AV crying next to me in a hospital bed and my face strongly resembling Bloat (that's the puffer fish from Finding Nemo, you gize). Anyway,......I was allergic.

No big deal. I've learned to live with that sorta stuff. My hubby lovingly refers to those "Weird Memzy Issues". Isn't he sweet? But the unfortunate part is that it looks like I've passed along the "weirdo" gene to one of my children.

Poor, poor Char Char Binks. Woke up Sunday with a normal face. By the time we got lunch ready after church he looks like this.

No. Clue. I texted my bro (the DOCTOR) this picture and asked him to diagnose him for me. (Those years of medical school and his suffering have really paid off for me you gize). So, we thought it was some strange allergic reaction to something. Half the time no one even knows how this happens. But then the next day he started having....

(warning: do not read if you don't like hearing gross stuff!)

the runs, rhea, the squirts

This is really unheard of since the kid has been chronically constipated since he was potty trained. No other symptoms. Happy as a clam. His face has gone down now but the "other" unmentionable remains. How can I send the kid to school like that when a "bout" may occur right in the middle of coloring time? I can't I tell you.

Aren't you glad you came to this site?

PS. Lots of extra laundry happening around here.

Kthanksbye

11 comments:

Elder Jack Anderson said...

CHARLIE's FACE!!!!! That is...like, whoa....I hope it's not gout, er, something.

Why is it I never really knew about these "Weird Memzy issues?" We lived together for about 3 years-- did you keep these hidden from me? Did you not have them in college? Do you have pics of your Bloat face, per chance?

E said...

Poor Charyee! Poor you! I know how you feel bc I have this horrible illness called hypocrndriosis and there's no cure.

Landee, I think your forgetting her restless leg syndrome.-->"Weird Memzy issues".

eekareek said...

You have a brother who is a doctor?!?!?! I had no idea...

Did you happen to watch Modern Family last night?? Phil was cracking me up with his kidney stone.

Char's face is cute all swollen up on one side. Maybe he had a gumball in his mouth? I am no doctor so I can't really diagnose that but maybe.

Cristin said...

poor char char and inheriting Memzi issues. Bummer for him.

Carol said...

Is it possible that swollen face makes him even cuter? Yes!!! We had such a fun grocery store date yesterday. The kid is a born comedian and doesn't even know it. Hope he's better today.

Memzy said...

Landee--no pics of Bloat face. But I'm sure AV could give you a good descript.

Jespy--I know. It's like I'm practically gonna die any day now.

Eek--Did I never mention? hehe

Cristin--Bummer indeed

AV/mom--He is still talking about your date. He's doing better and going to school today. ::crossing fingers::

Hot Pants said...

One time my face was super swollen on just one side too. Turns out it was because I got wacked in the jaw with a rake. I never did get the diarrhea.

Emily said...

Weird stuff.

ManicMandee said...

So did your brother have no real answers for you?

Strange things going on there.

The Everyday Housewife said...

I've had experiences with "bouts" like that, and I certainly wouldn't want to be caught in the middle of coloring when one comes along. Hope you figure out what is causing it!

Flem said...

Landee were you confusing gout with goiter?

I once taught a kid with no sphincter muscles and sometimes he would be caught off guard during football practice but most kids thought it was mud.

Blog Archive

About Us