Monday, March 15, 2010

It's Fall forward and Spring back, right?

No that's not right.

It's Fall sideways, Spring in your step.

No, no, no.

It's Fall down, Spring up.

::sigh:: So anyway, I may or may not have been an hour late to church yesterday. I cannot confirm nor deny.

In other news, I got to go out of town last weekend for a mini-vacay! Sorta last minute-ish I got some help from friends and family (hollah Melissa, Liesl and Gramps Waite) to help out with the kiddos so me and Shed could trot down to LA to partay it up like it's 2000 and late.

It was a trip with work buddies to see a playoff college bball game or two in the Staples Center Thursday night. No ticket for me. So I took it upon myself to do some shopping and eating after dropping off 5 doods at the corner while trying not to peel away.

The next day all the "girls" joined the rest of us. We hit a pub for lunch and who did we get to rub shoulders with but Carson Daly! Now, I realize he's not interesting to SOME of you but how is it not fun to chat up a celeb? Even tho he may be consider a B+ one right? He was filming a segment for his show and he took a few minutes to talk with us and was way cool. PS. Carson Daly is soooper skinny in person. Which leads me to convince myself once and for all to NEVER, no NEVER be on TV. I'm thinking it adds more like 40 lbs? He was really cool tho. We told him we would beat up Ryan Seacrest for him. Maybe TP his house.

K, then we were given the surprise to hit THIS place at Universal City. Say wha?! I've never wanted to jump out of a plane before. But now I know what it feels like.

After a short video, suiting up in some "What Not To Wear" gear, and learning the hand signals....we were on our way. This hand signal above from my instructor means "this girl is basically a pro and knows what she's doing so go ahead and give her more air so's we can rawk this tube right".
As you can see, we did just that. There were lots of flying up 25 feet and then shooting down to the bottom of the tube. That was my fave part by far.
Check out this purple suited man flyer!! Such a natural. Cept now he thinks he wants to jump out of a REAL plane. HAHAHAHAHA. He is so funny that kid.

After combing through the 374 knots in my hair and hesitantly handing over my jumpsuit, we were off to the next thing. But WAIT!! Who do we have here?! We ran right into Scott from American Idol Season 8 (that we affectionately like to call "Blindy"--I mean, you saw those group numbers didn't you?). His mom was there with him and he looks to maybe have a girlfriend and be attempting the rocker look? I'll let you decide. It's not working for me.

That night in Downtown Disney we got to see this little gem, Brandi Carlile, perform at the House of Blues.

Oh. My. Gosh. I have never in my life heard a better voice live. Nev. Er.



Here's another gem:



I highly recommend DL-ing some of that stuff straight onto your iPod pronto.

So, it was a GREAT weekend!!

Now, what time is it again?

9 comments:

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Oh my gosh...your neck skin in those "skydiving" pics!! Was that painful? It's all...ripply.

And Carson Daly? Whaaaaa? Who wouldn't be impressed by that? He's AWESOME! So fun. LA is so fun.

kristi said...

What a fun weekend! I will NOT be working in front of a TV camera EVER! (We saw Jay Leno in Nov and he is so skinny for real, too!)

So, the next time you feel like jumping out of a plane, you can say, NA - not exciting enough :)

ManicMandee said...

I want to take your exact trip right now. That all sounds so perfect! Never seen those tube flying thingies.

eekareek said...

It is 10:15 p.m. I actually just downloaded a Brandi Carlisle song just a few days ago and love it! I also so want to do that skydiving for chickens too. Looks way fun.

Carol said...

The skyflying episode looks fabulous. I'm thinking of all the positive things that "weightlessness" might bring to a person. Did your back feel good whilst flying? Glad you had a great weekend.

Anna B said...

Thanks for the run down on your posh weekend getaway. Sounds like fun.

Emily said...

Does life get any better than that?!

SO glad you were able to take a fun little vacay!

E said...

You are spoiled rotten! ::adding fake skydiving to my bucket list:: Can I photoshop your picture? Lemmeknowkthanksbye

Krissy said...

So fun! You are a little daredevil, I guess it would've been more daredevilish if you would have jumped out of a real plane, but still...

i need a vacay!

Blog Archive

About Us