Sunday, April 04, 2010

WARNING!!!--the most picture heavy miscellaneous post EVER.

Get your scrolly wrist braces ready!

NUMBER ONE--BAND CONCERTS

Brains has been playing the trumpet for 3 years now in the school band. He's really good at it but he's starting to lose interest. It's that darn practicing that gets in the way and stuff. Can you guess why he has embraced the nickname "unicorn boy" at school?


NUMBER TWO--STUDENT OF THE MONTH

Cracker's big day came last week at the monthly awards ceremony. He was beyond excited about it. You can't really tell by his face in these pics but.....just trust me.
And, as usual, AV came to cheer him on and show her love. Check out baby Clara in the background.

NUMBER THREE--KINDERGARTEN EASTER PARTY

Look, I don't care who you are, if you don't think 5 yr olds+easter=cuteness overload than you are dead in side. To the core.

His teacher had them all line up on the side of the playground and when she said "go" it was time to HOP over to find the eggs. Char Char obviously thought she said HIP HOP cuz he started busting his moves. Fer rizzles.

It was a genius idea to have the eggs marked with the kids names on them. So, they couldn't pick up just any old egg. They could only collect the ones with their names. Char was on the spot about that little detail.


Success!! He found all 12 with his name you gize. Yay he'll get to move on to 1st grade next year!!

NUMBER FOUR--WHERE I LIVE ISN'T AS UGLY AS YOU THINK

On our way to LA last weekend we stopped just outside of town in these wildflower fields. They only bloom for about 3 weeks out of the year. I'm not kidding you when I say it was breathtaking.





NUMBER FIVE--THE KIDS GOT TO iFLY IT UP TOO!!


As part of our spring break fun we let the kids have a go at simulated sky diving like we did HERE. It was so hilar to watch them!! I almost peed myself a couple of times.

Here is Brains with his "tough" look. I'll let you decide if he pulled it off or not.

Photobucket

Cracker sweeting it up.

Char Char had the FUNNIEST look on his face through the whole process. At one point in the video training portion he raised his hand to ask when they get to jump out of the airplane.

Onnacuzza my back issues I was a spectator this time. But Shed got to do the whole shebang with them. How flattering are those jumpsuits?!

Char discussing the situation with Shed before heading into the tube. I obviously need to attend the next class on "How to take a picture at night through two layers of plexiglass". Let me know if you hear of one.

Brains was a natural. I'm crossing my fingers he doesn't get any ideas on doing it fer realz anytime in the future.

Going up!

This is my fave picture of the bunch. Please click on that and take a good look at Cracker's cheeks!!

And my itty bitty baby boy!!

I'm lollerzing just looking at these all over again. Srsly, I was laughing the whole time and the people around me were giving me strange looks.

Of course, it coulda been from the heavy painkillers I'm on too but that's another story.

Which leads me to this:

NUMBER SIX--I'M HAVING BACK SURGERY NEXT WEEK

I'm soooo grateful for narcotics like these btw.

Photobucket

The short story is this: I've had back issues on and off for the last 15 years. Sometimes in bed for a week, sometimes just hurting for a few days. This time it's been going on for 7 months, progressively getting worse. Anyhoo, before anyone comments on here "have you tried chiropractic?" or "what about physical therapy?" etc., let me assure you I've done it ALL. Nothing has worked. It's either this or become a lifelong narcotics user. And even then, I can't sleep well or exercise. But still,....YAY for drugs!! I couldn't have lived without them for the last 3 weeks. So, I'm hoping that my own personal Dr. McDreamy (neurosurgeon, who is unfortunately NOT dreamy in any way..::sigh::) will let me wear a cute hospital gown for the big day. Do you think pink bears is better or should I go with blue flowers? I'll take some pics of my glamorous experience and maybe even catch up on some reading and TV time. Good news is that I've been given a 95% success rate on fixing the pain. And I should be up walking around the next day. But no gym. For a month. Which is fine cuz I'll just get out my sweat/yoga pants with elastic waists. No one will even be able to tell!


19 comments:

SAS said...

Great pictures! Good luck with surgery and let me know how i can help you!

Carol said...

So much fun seeing the pictures. Once again you are to receive kudos for your photog skills. Really hoping your surgery goes well and you finally get relief from pain. You always minimize things to others---but I know how hard it's been. Love you so much.

Carol said...

I've got Diet Pepsi and dark chocolate ready and waiting for you.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

You're going under the knife?? Eeek! What day? I need to know when to do my morning prayers as well as the night ones. Of course all the other pics were great.

PS Did AV say Diet Pepsi? Is there something I should know here?

gelly said...

Good luck with the back surgery--hopefully that helps relieve the pain. Char Char is SO adorable in those goggles. :)

ManicMandee said...

Well that answers my 10k question! That sucks! However, I hope you are one of the 95% with a full recovery and no more back pain. I didn't know about this and how serious it was :( Poor Memz!
Hope we get to see you though.
And those pictures were all awesome. Each of them could have been a post in and of themselves.

Good luck with surgery!

Flem said...

Have you tried hypnotism?

Cuz I didn't see that mentioned.

Okay here is my medical advice: Take some drugs and get surgery.

And I am sorry to hear you have been in pain, I hope you got yourself a good book to read while in el hospital.

Krissy said...

Sweet pictures! Good luck with the surgery. diet pepsi, chocolate, no gym for a month, lots of book reading time?? This surgery is sounding like a nice vacay to me.

thelma said...

great pics...u are sooo funny, ur mom told me about ur surgery...good thoughts going ur way!!! i hope it fixes the pain!!! o btw i added some more pics to my page just for u check em out!!!

Memzy said...

Sara-thanks!

Mom-awww. Diet soda and dark chocolate will be accepted.

Landee-Wednesday morning. AV means any diet soda. Doyee. We can't get every resaurant on the planet to carry Diet DP.

Gelly-thanks and congrats to you and your good news!

MM-yeeeeah no. Unless you want to push me in a wheelchair?

Flem-::slapping knee:: Hypnotism!! I KNEW I forgot something!

Krissy-that's a good point. good point indeed.

Thelma-Oh no you did NOT see Edward and Bella's clothes in NYC!!

StandsMom said...

MemZ, I loved all of these pics! Especially (cause I'm a nature freak) the ones with the purple flowers. Oh my goodness, gorgeous. So sorry to hear about your back.

I have trouble with my back and it s.u.c.k.s. Never for such prolonged periods of time, tho. I commend you for retaining your sanity and I hope hope hope that it all goes well. ::hug::

Emily said...

Wow. Wow. That was packed full of good stuff.

Good luck with your surgery. I had no idea!! Keep us updated, ok?

E said...

Boys in flowers rule! Wish we coulda done the iFly thing, but alas, we are too darn cheap. Good luck on the back surgery! Text me when it's over. Or maybe Shed should text me, cuz you'll be all hopped up on pain killer. Wait, you text me.

eekareek said...

Baby Clara is all grown up now!!! I was looking all over that picture for a chubby baby but all I could find was a little kid. Sad. We need pictures of her from the front side.

Your kids are super cute. I loved them skydiving. Too bad their faces couldn't stay all wiggled and smooched afterwards.

Holy Crap! Back surgery???? Scary. Good luck and AV really should make you some caramels. In fact, she should make me some too. Let me know if she needs my address.

P.S. Text everyone one afterwards especially while on pain killers.

Princess Kimi said...

I'm still not convinced it isn't all in your head. Have you tried intense cognative self change? I SOOOO want to do that skydivingmabobbery!!!! Holy fun! I am so madders you didn't at least put on the outfit. that would have been THE BEST fam christmas photo EVAH!!!! Holy crap that made me laugh. p.s. Char Chars plaid shorts looked like they needed ironed. Are you THAT busy? Geeesh.

Shel said...

The flower pics are awesome...we were there week before last and passed those fields (at the foot of the grapevine, right?), but Uncle Greg was waiting (not very patiently) to feed us, so we zoomed on by. I took a couple out the window, but I'm sure they're trash.

Good luck with the back surgery! Doesn't sound fun, but if it works, I suppose it's worth it. Make sure they give you really good drugs afterwards....

laura said...

Surgery... I hope it is a smasing success for you.
Your Spring Break looks awesome. I must get the details on that sky diving. I'm always looking for surprises for a certain husband who "doesn't want anything".
And the flowers... oohh, the flowers. Absolutely gorgeous. We were driving past and I thought to stop, but then figured we were in a hurry and would come back. Sucks for me. The flowers are gone. I need to remember that this is VERY short lived. Oh well... next year.

Katie said...

I have only had back pain a handful of times. The idea of dealing with it for 15 years honestly breaks my heart :( You're in my prayers.

Take very good care of yourself, and enjoy every extra bite that post-operative yoga pants let you eat.

colleen said...

Just doing a little blog-reading tonight... and great post! Love all the pix. The boys are as handsome as can be, your photo skills are fabuloso and I wish you the BEST of luck with the surgery!!! I've had some serious back pain on and off ever since the mish and all I can say is that I am sooo glad that I have a physical therapist for a husband. Wish we lived closer! (not ignoring your comment not to recommend PT... just sayin'...)

Blog Archive

About Us