Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I was basically living in the dark ages

You know, my whole 13 1/2 years of married life I've baked cookies and cakes and even ::gasp:: bread dough without one of these:

Happy Mother's Day to meeeeeee!!! Total sprise. Not that I've hinted at, whined about, or begged for one in the past tho. Look how she glistens and shines there atop my counter.

Photobucket
And that is where Lola will stay (yup, I've named her LOLA) onnacuzza she weighs a ginormillion pounds and this "no lifting" rule kinda prohibits for a while. Here is another angle. I aim to please you gize.

Photobucket

Shed totally rooled M-day this year. It's like this Mother's Day is to all other Mother's Day's as the running man is to all forms of dance. ::nodding our heads in the I-get-it way::

On another side yet equally interesting slash funny note: I'm allowed to walk now for exercise. Imagine my excitement as I hit the gym and jump on the treadmill (and when I say jump I mean gingerly step up) and punch in 2.5 mph right?!! (not sensing the sarcasm are you) I walked for 45 minutes. It's almost yet not even the same as a real workout!! I stomped my feet (and when I say stomped I mean tapped my toe delicately) and complained to Shed that these workouts were lamerz and why even take the time. And just to give you an idea on just how out of shape I am at this point, I did that first "workout" two days ago..............and now I can barely move. I'm SORE from WALKING.

I share this with those of YOU whom I will be seeing sometime soon and want to give you fair warning that my hiney has.....how you say?..............grown.

kthanksdontjudgebye

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! I love your blog. But dangit! Now I have another blog that I have to stalk. Just another time waster...but it's worth it. Thanks for sharing!
Liz

Katie said...

13 years kneading bread by hand! No wonder you have back problems.

Congratulations, you deserve it. Now, trust me, start whining for these. Since Lola is a lady, and ladies like to accessorize.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

My black one and your white one are like Ebony & Ivory. A thing of beauty. I will say, however, that I still use my Bosch a brazillion times more. Dunno why.

::ordering you the pasta maker accessory and drying rack to make Flem sooooper jealous::

E said...

I think I'm living in the frozen foods ages. But I'm very happy you got your wish after all these years, and one major back surgery.

Stake Camp Directors said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Everyday Housewife said...

I'm so happy for you that you get to get back on the treadmill! Isn't it interesting that I hate the treadmill when I can get on it, but when I can't -- it's a love/hate thing for me. Hope your recovery is quick:) Lola is beautiful. Congratulations on the best mother's day gift EVER!!

Emily said...

I have witnessed many a times you working away making cookies via your food processor. I always wondered why Shed wouldn't just go buy you one of these babies. So glad you finally got one and so sad that I can't be there to taste your first batch of molasses cookies with that new thing.

eekareek said...

It is beautiful and crisp and clean. You and AV are gonna make glorious things with that baby.

Sorry you have to start exercising again...

gelly said...

Awesome. I totally understand your excitement, cause I got one of those for Christmas (we've only been married like 10 months, but that doesn't mean anything right??). Congrats!

Anna B said...

1. Glad you posted.
2. You really didn't already have one of those amazing gadgets.
3. My Bro is the BEST male gift giver ever...LUCKY!
4. Glad to hear you are feeling enough to WALK! Cause you are still planning on RUNNING in Oct...right?
5. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GIZE IN 3 weeks.

Krissy said...

She's a beaut. I am sure you will put her to good use!

Princess Kimi said...

Lola. I want to go to that.

ManicMandee said...

Sherod needs to give Steve Mother's Day lessons.

I'm serious.

kristi said...

Pah-leez! I've seen you twice in the last week (the stars and planets MUST totally be in allignment for my sign) and your hiney doesn't look one millimeter bigger. Maybe cut back on the walking to 30 minutes? Don't hit that treadmill too hard! Missing SUPER you in my ward!

Flem said...

Dough hook.

I have been using my less expensive cooks brand model for the last two years and I think it changed my life permanently.

Fresh bread mmmm.

Blog Archive

About Us