Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hello Interweb, It's me, Memzy

I think me and the world wide web are in a fight. You could cut the tension with a butter knife you gize. But I'm not freaking out. Every relationship goes thru it's ups and downs. Me and the internet machine are just gonna ride this one out. So until I get my mojo back I wanted to show you this gem from Open House night at the boys school the other day.


Brains self portrait:
I hope that parents/teachers/the principal weren't offended when I out loud laughed when I saw this. (Brains was no where near FYI) Let's just say I picked it out right away. And this confirms his claim that kids call him Unicorn Boy at school, which he completely embraces as a nickname. I think he pretty much came out the birth canal with hair like this. It made for quite a difficult labor.


Cracker's Chess trophy:




Wha?!!!!? The Chess coach came into his classroom and awarded it to him. Our school didn't have a chess club this year so she came from a different school to give it. This kid's been having a hard time lately. So let's just say it was a HUGE "happy" for him that day. Apparently after only one tournament his chess rating is "phenomenal" (those are her words, not mine). So I'm pretty much Braggy Braggersoning about him. In all your faces. Btw, his school is having an "Apple Valley" theme right now and have to dress up in those old timey clothes. Which explains the outfit. In case you were wondering.

K, so the computer and I have a date later this weekend to try to "mend our relationship". I have lots more to post if we can get it together.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved your post. Now go and make up with the internet. :)

Amanda

Carol said...

What's wrong with your Internet? Did some genius child disable it?

Anna B said...

Oh please get back together soon. Blogging isn't the same without you.

eekareek said...

I know a good couples therapist for you gize if you need it.

Cracker and his trophy while wearing that get-up is too adorable!

The Everyday Housewife said...

Love the self-portrait and the happy trophy boy! What memories!!

Krissy said...

Holy trophy! You definitely get bragging rights when your child wins a trophy as big as he is. Brains should get a trophy for his masterpiece as well.

good luck on your date...i hope u get your mojo back!

Br Boys said...

Laughed out loud at the unicorn boy...Good for Jack..glad you cleared up the outfit thingy and Can you come date my comp after yours..we broke up last week so it's ok...actually can I have Riley look at it instead...giggle

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I picked that self-portrait out right away too but only cuz it was the only one you posted and it had a huge "Riley W." written on it. He's like Picasso Jr.

And that "in all your faces" hurt real bad. Reeeeeal bad.

kristi said...

Missing your posts almost more than you . . . almost, not quite. Thanx for splaining J's get up; I was getting worried about your proximity to Rosedale Highway :)

Emily said...

I love it!!

E said...

Hello Memzy. I'm glad you and the Interweb are on the mend. And I'm glad Brains wasn't here when I saw his self portrait cuz I laughed my head off. His expression is intense. And colorful. So proud of Cracker, and of you too, for starting a chess club. You're my hero.

Flem said...

If you feel like the relationship is not working out, it is okay to get out of it.

I recently got a PC and my whole relationship with anything electronic is now falling apart so I am with you.

I love the creative geniuses you have created, enjoy all of that uniqueness.

Tara said...

Perhaps I will call Brains Picasso from now on! I must say his self portrait is very....colorful! What a kid! Congrats to Cracker and you on the "sizeable" new additions! (BTW, I am referring to your mixer! lol) And I really do hope your recovery is speedy. I don't know if I could have survived something like that--you poor thing.

Blog Archive

About Us