Sunday, May 23, 2010

Yin and Yang

Or it's yang and yin, I'm not sure which way that's sposed to go. Either way, there is a vast difference in the activities that go on in our family. Most of the time I feel like that song from Sesame Street should be playing as a general sound track to my life...."which one of these is not like the other". And during that song you'd see Brady Bunch style pics of each of the four males in my life and then there'd be me. Only thing lacking in that scenario is the general sounds and, er, smells that would go along with that song. (Don't be fooled those sounds and smells would include me. Sounds being the shouting "REALLY?!! Those dirty clothes were left on your floor AGAIN. REALLY?" But the smells would only be flowers and fruity stuff.)

Anyway, despite that we are actually pretty well rounded over here. Did you gize know that math was a sport? I know. I think they are petitioning for the olympics or something like that. Here is Brains at his very first Math Field Day with some of his besties (who are also well rounded I should add).

And these stinky, full of raging hormones and messy roomed boys (tho I can only speak for one of them) even get trophies for winning math relays! They even look sweaty, you gize. Math. Is. Hard.
So, here's where the Yang comes in....again. Or was is the Yin?

I consider myself a pretty logical person. I'm organized, keep my house fairly clean, look both ways before I cross the road,......ALWAYS wear my seatbelt,.....I even use hand sanitizer on the regulah.

At the same time I can let it all hang out. I can get c.r.a.z.y. Throwing away my soda cans without recycling them sometimes. Only shaving my legs once a week for church. I've even run a red light or two. But something about this just feels wrong.
I mean, do you gize see it?
Yeah, I'm getting that tickling sensation in my armpits that signals something. My breathing is speeding up and I predict a violent gush of sweat coming on. (my armpits really suffer as a mom, you gize)

But, I'm outnumbered. Even tho math is hard I know that 4 is way more than 1. And, specifically the adult in that number of males has quite a large vote. The BBguns have been screaming from the garage for his "men".
Don't they look so happy on that beautiful day up in Tehachapi? Almost like they were out on a stroll or a leisurely hike, right? Do not be fooled. They have ::whisper:: guns.

At least one of my offspring has a tiny bit of his mama in him. This particular one stuck with the much safer wrist rocket. Much safer. Right?

There were rools tho. And to his credit, their padre taught them and reminded them of those rools a lot.
Of course, that could have been because of the whimpering and sudden shrieking that the sweaty pitted girl was doing. ::pointing to self::
As an aside here, did you notice that I have a 16 yr old? Yeah, me neither.

It was actually a beautiful day. Which I only notice now in the pictures since I was.....preoccupied at the moment.
I really envy them tho. I mean, imagine going through your day in a world where this makes sense. That's gotta be a happy place.

7 comments:

ManicMandee said...

You guys are total rednecks!!! Next thing you know, you're gonna be parking your cars on the lawn.

Carol said...

Holy Canoli---GUNS and 5 year olds. You gotta love it. You and Shed know how to raise good boys to do what boys love to do. Takes me back to when I was about 10 and my dad took me target shooting and taught me how to shoot a gun--a real gun--with real bullets!! Having said that, I was never invited to go deer hunting with the boys--didn't want to anyway.

LOVED the pix of the math competition. Right up Brains alley and he looked like he was lovin' it. And the wrist rocket? Crackers looks like he could shoot an apple off Char's head :) My favorite is the one of Char blowing the smoke off his revolver barrel. Classic.

Anna B said...

Totally feel your pain 5-2 in my hood. It gets better as they get older. You're gonna love it.

Br Boys said...

You need a pink gun with a little bling and maybe an animal print carrying case.

Krissy said...

Your boys got the smarts and the good looks!

Guns and smelly boys, i guess the two were destined to be together.

Anonymous said...

Okay...so now I have found my favorite blog site...YOURS. You could be a writer for...say, like Modern Family? I mean, you are SO entertaining! If you are in need of some estrogen, just come on over...Nikki and I will help out. But I LOVE your boys! Seriously. Thanks for the blog. It brightened up my rather dull day.
Liz

E said...

All this time I thought it was yinG and yang. I can't do math OR spell. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who breaks into a sweat during math tournaments. As for the BB-guns, I have a "don't watch" rule for myself. I can't. Tony knows I'll kill him if he so much as damages a hair on their tiny toe-heads tho.

Blog Archive

About Us