Thursday, August 26, 2010

Jeppson Reunion -- Part I (we've got skillz)

Remember when you were filling out job applications back in the day and you had to fill out the "special strengths or skills" section? Most of my list consisted of:

successful use of hot sticks, very neat note taker, well organized backpack, and of course the running man (who can ever NOT put that down?)

I also happen to have one particular child who shall not be named who only considers some type of sports excellence to be any sort of talent.

Well I beg to differ my friends!! We shall not hide our lights under a bushel! And this last week at the bi-annual Jeppson reoon we did just that. Up past Boise in beautiful McCall, Idaho we shined.

Shined.


Skill 1: Riding horses.



Skill 2: Sailing "class" (lasting 2 hours)

Skill 3: ACTUAL sailing. (lasting 20 minutes)
Photobucket

Skill 4: Being fat and looking cute (totally underrated in my opinion)


Skill 5: Generally hawt beachy girlness. (guess whooooo?)

Skill 6: Playing nicely with cousins (totally applicable in today's job market)


Skill 7: Imprinting with your Poke-twin. Cracker and Tbone had to be ripped apart and cried themselves to sleep that first night after. Poor things. This is one of the rare times they were NOT playing/talking/discussing/reinacting some sort of Pokemon related topic.
Skill 8: Totall confidence in your plumbers crack.
Skill 9: Successfully stopping all the fun to have everyone in one place for a picture.
Skill 9: Unintentional hilarious faces. There HAS to be a spot on a resume for that. Nathan will have to post one of Landee. It's not on my camera but believachoo me....she's got skillzzzz.
Skill 9: Kayaking. This one is kinda serious you gize. I think I might train him for the Xgames or something.
Skill 10: Pinewood Derby!!! You don't have to be flashy. That's how we roll. Check out that Chay Wagon. Second place in at least 3 of his runs.
And Landee's dad built this track yo. Electronic...sensors.... and everything. Fancy. I felt fancy just being in the room.
Skill 11: Climbing really high stuff to prove you've got srs guts and flexibility. I couldn't do it....cuzza my back you gize (best excuse ever). Here is Shed showing Brains how it isn't the LEAST bit scary.
Our family seems to like doing things with these adorable harnesses. I think I'm going to buy a matching family set. Not for me tho. My back.

Brains conquered this "Leap of Faith" test. 60 feet in the air.

Going.
Going.
Gonezo.
K more coming up in the next post. Please have your job applications ready.

7 comments:

Carol said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was sooooo going through withdrawals from the reoon and I feel much better now. Such a super good time. Really, the best part was watching everyone have so much fun together. It was really amazing to see such harmony, cooperation and gut busting laughter--which only goes to prove that all these diverse, crazy people are the BEST.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I agree with AV....my reunion withdrawals shakes just subsided a little. Now I just have my Mockingjay withdrawal shakes to deal with.

Awesome pics! Especially of my soooooper tan legs. Oy.

PS Tbone asks to Skype with Cracker daily. Do you have a webcam on your puter? Let's set it up, k? K.

ManicMandee said...

Your reunions are the best I've ever seen! So fun and so cool.

eekareek said...

Wow! That is a fun looking reunion. I should have married a Jeppson instead of a Strasser. Their reunions are LAME-O.

kristi said...

Your reunion rocks! I so want to apply for a job and list such skills ;)

Emily said...

Now THAT'S a reunion! You guys sure know how to have a good time! Great pictures.

E said...

Horses? Sailing? Pole jumping? What kind of reunion IS this, and why the heck WOULD'T you go? Sheesh!!

Blog Archive

About Us