Monday, August 09, 2010

The Junk Drawer--part 1

Everyone has a junk drawer in their house. Or maybe a junk closet,.... junk ROOM even. You've been putting things in there that you don't have time to organize but you know that you will need them at some point. You just don't have the time or know just what to do with them yet. That's kinda how this post is. My online proverbial "junk drawer" of pictures and events that happened over the summer. I have so many so you'll have to brace yourselves.

And just like my real junk drawer here at home.....I don't really ever organize it completely. It just looks that way. So here are some of my sections of the junk drawer I've thrown in those little plastic dividers.

CHARLIE MY LITTLEST BABY OF BOYS TURNS 6:

Guess what the them was you gize. A personalized "legendary" Pokemon (whatever that means, I just nod my head and say "mmm hmm.....cool!)
Since the day after his 5th birthday until this very moment he'd been asking for a DS. Nothing else but a DS. In fact his birthday list looked a little like this:

"dee ess"


And surprising to us all, SOMEbody could read his own birthday cards. Papa was impressed.

FATHER'S DAY/MY BIRTHDAY EXTRAVAGANZA:

Complete with a special musical number from Riley to Papa (extra points who knows which song it was)

And his favorite gift was from me of course. A pic of us together!! (I'm his favorite you know - he told me so)
And lucky for me I got to share my birthday on that day too. AV was nice to make a cake to celebrate both occasions. (That's a LOT of candles)
You don't even have to tell me how cute we are....
BRAINS HAD MANY A SWIM MEET:

His besties were his biggest fans, often hanging around all day just to watch his events.
On the blocks

We call this one "The genetic rib"

(Papa's was on the left, right mom?
Mine is on the right
Brain's is on the left)

Homie's got back
BEST FATHER'S DAY GIFT TO SHED EVER!:

One of these cute harnesses!!

Jay Kay. I got him "Total, complete, all the way.." sky diving.
Do you remember when you were a kid and you had your own "yard sale" in the front and brought some of your old toys and books out to make money? What a genius you were! To make some other kid happy and give yourself a pat on the back and some kudos/money at the same time. But then, Shorty across the street walks away with (what you now realize) is your favorite Purple Pie Man (Strawberry shortcake, you gize, geez!).

This was kinda like that:

I changed my mind!!! Come back!
But all was well and before you knew it lookie here.
And to land in such a gorgeous place....full of....dirt and....smog!

By far the funniest part (for me) was seeing Shed stand up after landing and immediately looking like he was gonna lose his lunch. I could see th body language from 100 yds away. Priceless. His friend, Arn, didn't seem to have that problem tho.

Let's do a little compare and contrast.

Arn:

Shed:
(even greenish skin right?)








Ihave to admit, you gize, I couldn't stop lollerzing.

13 comments:

Memzy said...

I realize that a couple of these pictures and text are a little "off". That's how my junk drawer is you gize. That's how it is.

The Everyday Housewife said...

Love the picture of you and your dad. Beautiful!

I can't believe it -- REAL skydiving?! I looked green after just being in the fake tank with a little air being blown on me and being about 2 feet up in the air! I'm way impressed! What a gift.

Cristin said...

the junk drawer is just like Christmas. You find stuff and it feels all new again. I love your junk drawer.

Who thought it would be a good idea to jump out of a moving plane??? I want names. I almost barfed just looking at the pictures. It's all kinds of wrong.

Carol said...

What a fun post. LOVE your junk drawer and excited to see more. First, Charchar CANNOT be 6. I cannot accept it. I told him the other day that I was sad he would be at school ALL day and his comment--"I'll still have time after school to play with you".

Second--Riley's tall skinny swimmers body is rockin'. I thought back to you at that age---I think he takes after Kevin :)

Third--totally funny to see Shed's face. I soooo identify.

Fourth--such sweet pictures of you and Dad. Made me smile.
Thanks for sharing.

eekareek said...

Eeek! Skydiving never sounds like a good idea and neither does selling my Strawberry Shortcake. Can't wait for part two....

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I thought this was gonna be tips on how to organize your junk drawer (ala paulandtiff) but I'm so glad it wasn't now!

What is this genetic rib and how did I not know about it until now? You'll have to show me yours when I see you NEXT WEEK, suckahs!

Third and most important point, you said JUNK a hundred times and then I saw Shed in that harness thing. Yeah. Youknowwhati'msayin. ::hoping AV covered her eyes just now::

Loved the post, btw.

Princess Kimi said...

Tiff ruined it. As uje.

heart the junk drawer idea! I shall be stealborrwing it soon cuz my brain is about to splode and i feel bad leaving out some odds and ends. You are a born leader. With a freaky rib that I didn't know about either. you better wear a tankini NEXT WEEK and be prepared to lift it and show us this deformity freelz.

That pic of you and UV...so perf.

S-Rod...thinks of that as a GIFT? I'd rather go tent camping. :: dry heaving ::

p.p.s. remove the lies about CharCharbabywaby being older than 3. Porfa.

Emily said...

I'm lovin' your junk drawer! What a treasure trove of awesome stuff. I loved it all. And, if I'm ever having a bad day I will just think about Shed in that harnest thingy looking green!

Krissy said...

That is the prettiest junk drawer I have ever seen.

gelly said...

lol, Shed rocks the harness look! What a fun gift!

E said...

Your junk drawer is too organized and full of interesting things to technically be considered a junk drawer. Where are your stories about dried-up markers, receipts, and random board game pieces?

You were right about Shed's green face. That last pic of him is adorable and you should frame it. However, L is right about the junk-filled harness pics, those shouldn't be framed. My too sense, is all.

PS. That was a nice surprise, seeing pics of UV again.

Anna B said...

I too have a junk drawer myself that I need to unload but how...

LOVE that last pic of my fav bro. Cute!

Liz said...

I love your blog. That's all I have to say...I just love your blog!!!

Blog Archive

About Us