Monday, August 30, 2010

They grow up so SLOW!!!

I swear it's been like a gamillion years since he started crawling/walking/talking/etc.

Jay Kay.

I'm gonna cry right into my crows feet.

Photobucket

I feel like one of my limbs has been hijacked (by tracker jackers) and has now become it's own person.

Doobie turns 1-2. Twelllllllvvvvvve!!!!!!!! ::ginormelous sigh::

It was a quiet celebration (by his request) with one of his besties. And I have now learned that these hats are what all the kewl kids are wearing.
I have also learned that when kids grow up they sometimes don't want mom's homemade cake but instead a store bought angel food cake. Plain.
Try to get candles to stay put and straight up and down in an angel food cake.

Then come back and report.

I earned a D+.

Along with the big twelve comes some srs responsibility (BESIDES doing his own laundry and rubbing my feet tho). Here he is on his Aaronic priesthood ordination day. Hollah at the shout out to Papa with the tie.
I don't know. Sometimes you wonder how Lifetime can put together a movie with laughter, tears, growth, mistakes, shining moments, etc., into a concise two hours (plus commercials). And then you look at your teenager and get a sudden labor pain or baby kick directly in your stomach, hear the toddler spoon-to-saucepan drum solo in your ears, taste the blow pop laced kiss from your preschooler on your mouth, and see the naked bum 8 yr old streaking from bathroom to bedroom and you realize...............yup. That felt like about two hours.

Not that I watch Lifetime movies. That's just what I hear around my mom circles.

Speaking of growing up.

::wiping snot::
Look how growed up Shed looks on his first day of!!......oh.....well......anyway.
My. Three. Sons. M. T. S. "Mitzzz". ::pointing to self:: ::making number three with hands:: ::pointing to noon day sun::
Chay Wagon started 1st grade this year. That means all day school yo. He announced that last year's first day "didn't go so well". Cuz he "didn't know how to behave yet". But proudly assured me that was not the case this time.
Cracker is officially in the "upper" grades in the big 4th. His teacher is "strict" so far. Not a problem for Dudley-Do-No-Wrong.
Brains started junior high this year. He loves it so far. I have so much to say about that. My own junior high experience was survival at best. Including but not limited to: name calling, shunning, invites to drinking parties, eating lunch by myself, holding hands with Smiley after we were both in detention, hitting my "chubby stage", Mr West (::shudder::), and pre-algebra.

::running around in a circle silently screaming::

But I'm sure he'll be fine.

PS. So many people have asked me what will I ever DO with my time now that my kids are all in school all day. (please read sarcastic tone there) Yeeeeah. You can see where that answer is going.

13 comments:

ShelBailey said...

I'm with you on the Junior High thing. I hated it, too. Ours here is gang-infested, hence the homeschool. We gots some good ideas for HS, though, so I only got this year to get through.

Your kids are awesome. Only spent very much time with Cracker, but he's one of my favorite kids. He likes my meatloaf. :0)

Br Boys said...

Lunch with me....that's what you'll do with all that free time! Thursday @ 11?

Memzy said...

Shel, Cracker shares your much love. He still talks about you guys and Megan. Pleasekthanks send you meatloaf recipe. He wouldn't eat mine. This will be a test!

BrBoys, that's perfect! I'll bring my notes from Days of Our Lives and my BonBon's too.

ManicMandee said...

Your boys are too handsome for their own good. Tell Brains I got his message on my voicemail & was stoked. Love hearing my nephews on the phone. I also appreciated Sheds message on my bday. Bummer I missed both calls! Love you all!

Carol said...

Your babies are growing up waaaayyyy too fast. LOVED Riley's tie and I'm sure Papa was right next to him as he was ordained. He won't be missing stuff like that. The reference to your junior high days was painful---you know I felt your pain too. Good thing you turned out so good!!! BTW-Crackers and Char are also way too smart for their own good. I'm thinkin' those teachers are gonna learn a thing or two. (patting you on the back for being such a good mom)

kristi said...

Your boys make me smile. And, I HATED my Jr High experience which included name calling, moving to a new school, a "fight" (on a lunch recess!) and a few incidents of detention myself. Hoping for some brighter days now that I'm WAAAAAY more mature.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

EEEeeeeeek! You're going to have NOTHING to do now! I'm thinking you should go get a job or something cuz, right? You're gonna be soooo bored.

Merrimom said...

Your description of the time flying by so fast was perfect. I don't put things into words well like you so I loved it! Our oldest will be 12 in November, so I'm gearing up for the swift kick in the gut feeling.

E said...

So, are you gonna read more and watch more TV like me? Sweet. That's my plan, anyhow. Hasn't worked out yet, but I'm determined! Starting tomorrow.

Katie said...

That Charlie looks just like his grandpa, no? It's melting me.

Krissy said...

Jr high is definitely a time in my life I would not want to repeat. Ever. Your boys are so super cute! Good luck this year!

Hot Pants said...

I only got beat up once in jr high, and that was by my bff (the pirate girl). I think you should spend all your free time scrapbooking and sewing. Maybe some toll painting too.

Emily said...

I hope Junior High is nice to Riley, cuz it's a doozie! Handsome boys!

Blog Archive

About Us