Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Family Is More Perfect Than Yours

That's why I blog, right.  To show off and brag and tell the world how awesome my kids are and stuff. 

Well that's why I do it.  Basically, I want everyone to know how fabulous I am.  And if I have to paint a picture that only shows the good stuff and/or leaves out the bad than that's what I'm gonna do. 

Cuz I'm perfect, basically. 

JAY KAY!!!!

UNfortunately for you, I insist on posting all of my flaws and idiosyncrasies. 

You might not wanna know how running in that race about a month ago had an interesting effect on my digestive system. (read: bowels).  You also might not care to hear that I'm losing my hearing and I'm pretty sure it is substantially due to excessive ear wax, which I refuse to investigate.  Or maybe you don't wanna imagine the smell in my car after one of my children left a chocolate milk in the back seat for days.

But you're gonna hear it.  Just consider it a self esteem builder for YOU. 

I'm a giver like that.

And since I am trying to focus on just that.....GIVING.....this holiday season (in the thoughtful way, not the buy a gift kind of way, see last post for details), I planned on doing just that sort of image builder for all of you in the form of my christmas cards.  Only I received them in the mail today and some of the pictures "to build you up" were too small for some eyes to see.  Instead of slam the box of cards down on the kitchen counter and make a loud grunting noise (which I totally did NOT do you gize), I thought I'd just share that picture here on the "internets" for all of you to see.

More clearly.



Your welcome.  

Thank you cards aren't necessary.  I can feel your gratitude coming through the world wide web.

11 comments:

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Um, what if those pictures are still totally adorable and make you seem like the most fun & awesomerest mom ever? I mean, wouldn't only the COOLEST and MOST LAID BACK mom allow this kind of thing??

Nice try though. ::slow clap to the crescendo::

Teresa Johnson said...

Those pics are So creative and oh so cute! Oh and I LUV your blog...totally makes my day!

Anna B said...

Thank you "Modern Family"... Love the pics! That does officially make you the coolest Mom ever.

E said...

I can't believe you gize smeared dog poop all over yourselves, and still managed to look like the most adorable family ever! That is dog poop, isn't it?

Also, will you please come to LV and take our Christmas card pics? I'm totally not gonna copy you, I swear! I have a completely different idea which involves mud and silk shirts.

E said...

PS. Cracker looks like he's barely hanging on. lol (<--that's back)

Carol said...

Which kid had the most fun? I'm thinking Charlie. Yup--gotta be Charlie.

eekareek said...

It has been 5 years since we took a family picture so even if it was dog poop, you are still perfect compared to us.

Emily said...

I LOVE it! Nice try not trying to look like the perfect family.

You pretty much are.

Katie said...

SO cute! And I'm happy trade a real Christmas card for the chance to look at dirty pictures online.

Krissy said...

Awesome. Love it!

Flem said...

These are so cute!! I love the squeaky clean/mud bit. Very classy.

Blog Archive

About Us