Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hearts Day

I did nothing special or extraordinary for Valentine's day.


I'm an overachiever that way.


Come 2:30 or 3pm I was starting to feel guilty, ergo (that means therefore)...I decided to make pink heart shaped pancakes for dinner.


I finished and presented my family with a platter of deformed, and pink-ish looking hearts astride a bottle of ::whispering:: store bought syrup.

There was a pause of approximately 200 years.


I gave them the I-just-made-you-a-special-themed-dinner-and-you'd-better-like-it mom face.


To which they proclaimed the dinner delicious and glorious and they've never been so impressed.


I had multiple Valentine's this year. I'm a two-timer like that. Actually a thrice-timer. Part of me feels like that's the right number but the other part tells me math is hard, so I'm torn.


Here's my first Valentine: He single-handedly installed two ceiling fans in our house this weekend. He made 6th chair in the Kern County honor band for trumpets. He has flatulence issues to which he will readily confess.  And he got his first anonymous love letter in his locker today. It said something about being "admired from afar" and that his "eyes were like a frozen lake".  I officially declare him my favorite.



Photobucket


Second Valentine: He does his homework first thing every day after school without being asked.  He could eat an entire loaf of bread and butter if I let him in one sitting.  He is the cutest chess tournament player you've EVER seen.  He walks knock kneed just like his dad and will cuddle up to you any time of day as fast as you can say "go".  He is still obsessed with Pokemon.  I officially declare him my favorite.



Valentine #3: Still has no qualms walking around nekkid.  He is quite popular among the first grade crowd but insists on being called "Charles" at school.  He declared recently that he felt like a teenager because he and his three friends "hang out together" on the playground.  He is physically incapable of putting his dirty clothes into a hamper.  I officially declare him my favorite.




My last but not least Valentine is this particular dood.  He makes me laugh every single day.  Bought me some pretty awesome roses and slippers to go with my very matronly robe that I will never part with.  He accepts me and loves me despite my Golden-Girls-ish robe as well as my other idiosyncrasies that may include watching marathons of "Say Yes To The Dress" and sucking my thumb for 5 hours, oooh, approximately, ......once a month.  I officially declare him my favorite.



Hope your V-day was good.

9 comments:

Carol said...

It's nice to hear that Valentine's Day is successfully celebrated in many different ways. And your valentines are extra handsome. You are one lucky mom.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I like each of your Valentine's outfits for their own special reasons. My only Valentine wish is for pictures of your misshapen heart flapjacks. Maybe next year?

Flem said...

Anon love notes? Frozen lake? Wow, that has got to feel good to a tweener.

You and your boys, very sweet together--great post.

Morgan's Visual Idea journal said...

"eyes were like a frozen lake" <------She nailed it!

I make heart shaped, pink grilled cheese sandwiches every year and no matter what I do they are never really pink. It must be the griddles fault.

Congrats on have so many Valentines!

eekareek said...

That is me, Eek, not Morgan and his stupid visions!

Memzy said...

Addition--we also had strawberry milk with the pancakes. NOW you're feeling inferior!

I should also mention that the love note had a "ps smell the top of the paper" and some perfume on it. Junior high is my favorite!!( as a mom)

Emily said...

Those are some handsome boys you've got. I can definitely see why it's so hard to choose your favorite!

E said...

Did anyone ever tell you that your eyes are like frozen lakes too? That's where Brains got his frozen lakes in the first place.

Katie said...

Oops! That letter was actually from me, and he was supposed to give it to you. I have admired you from a afar for quite some time now.

Blog Archive

About Us