Wednesday, February 02, 2011

A list of 10

1. This is one of the few times I can brag about where I live.  While the whole of the East Coast is under Snowpocalypse I went out running today in sunshine and a........wait for it....................tank top!  It's these small victories that keeps me from cursing B-town.  Bravo Bako, bravo.  ::slow clap::

2. I have a strange attachment to these new chips.  Jespy first introduced to me their heavenly flavor around Thanksgiving, particularly when paired with hummus.  Have mercy.
 TOSTITOS® ARTISAN RECIPES™ Roasted Garlic and Black Bean Tortilla Chips

3. Do you think it's wrong that I only shave my legs once a week?  I mean, even tho it's gorge weather here relatively speaking during the winter, I only wear pants.  No one is seeing the sasquatch legs I'm sporting under my jeans.  Not until Sunday, when I promptly become a respectable, hairless woman again.  I'm thinking, no.  It's not wrong.  In fact, if it is I don't wanna be right.  That's settled then.  Thanks for your help!

4. There's something you should know about me.  It's common knowledge that I have an unnatural love for diet soda beverages.  What's not so well known is my, er, particularishness about such things.  Diet DP sits in my fridge.  I pop open those cans and fill my HARTS mug I've had since 1994 and drink.  No straw.  No Diet Coke.  No Diet Pepsi.  However, if you happen to be driving in my car with me and we are at a gas station and you run in to get us drinks while I fill up the tank (totally hypothetical)......only get me Diet Coke.  If that's not available then Diet Pepsi is fine.  But only under the most dire circumstances should you fill up my cup with straw from the fountain with Diet DP.  I can't really explain it,... that's just how it is.  Sorta like why Michael Jackson had that high voice in public but not really in private.  It doesn't make any sense but that's just the way.

5. I am a slave to pop music on the radio.  There.  I've said it.  Your welcome Avril, Ke$ha, Taio Cruz, Taylor.

6. I'm pretty sure I'm shrinking.

7. My children are also slaves to pop.  Example: my youngest hooligan's obsession with Justin Beiber



8. I've been eating lots of fruit lately.  There are pros and cons to that.  That's all I'll say.

9. We get to go out of town with a couple of friend families for the long weekend to Indio, CA.  I'll just let you look that up.

10.  I'm going to run another one of THESE this year.  Maybe two if I get lucky.  Jealous!!

9 comments:

Elder Jack Anderson said...

We are also fans of the artisian recipe. Delish in many forms.

And Chay nails it! You were a little bossy in the directing there at the end though.

::knees hurting just thinking about #10::

Br Boys said...

I'm confused by Indio? Why? Have you been there before? One good thing is you have to drive by the coach outlet to get there so make sure you stop!

Carol said...

Great list and very revealing about your idiosyncrasies. (try spelling that word right the first time).
CA weather-wonderful
chips-will try
I shave my legs once a . . . . .never mind
You are a DP freakaziod for sure.
Shrinking? Hadn't noticed except your bum IS.
Char--can't get enough. Have watched is umpteen times.
Ragnar-insanity for sure.

E said...

The picture of those chips made me salivate. I've learned to stock up on them cuz sometimes they're out at Costco.
Why does you, running another Ragnar race, feel like you're cheating on me?

Memzy said...

Landee-If your kid is gonna be a pop star you have to start being a stage mom. I googled it.

Girlfriend-Um, no....never been there. It's just that they have this time share thing and there's a pool and hot tub and shopping. So I answered yes please right away.

Mom-idio-what? I have no idea what you are talking about

Jespy-I'll have you know that I've been to Costco every week since Thanksgiving and have NEVER seen them there. They finally showed up in my Target this week. So I went ahead and bought 25 bags. And that possible second Ragnar race is in LV (I'm crossing my fingers that Anna puts it together again). So, we'd still be together. No breaking up involved.

Flem said...

Costco introduced us to Artisan last week and I bought some tonight for a party!!! They must be making the rounds.

And I love these kinds of posts about you, very revealing.

Casey was sad because at school they said he looks like Justin Bieber. Cuz he doesn't fix his hair and stuff--maybe if I show him this clip he might get more excited about the potential.

kristi said...

Very fun info. (I still don't understand how anyone can LIKE diet soda.) Isaac thinks Chay is looking Bieber-tastic.

Katie said...

Please rename this post, "10 reasons to love Memzy."

And if you shave your legs infrequently enough (like NEVER), the hair actually gives up and stops growing. Uh, or so I've heard.

Krissy said...

That video is the cutest thing EVER! I love that song even more now.

YOU have a hart's mug? I have a hart's mug! I knew we were destined to be friends!

Blog Archive

About Us