Monday, April 11, 2011

A Monday List

1. I'm 69.4% positive that I've gained a few pounds in the last few weeks.  I'm also 84.3% positive it has to do with my hands.  They will NOT stop putting food in my mouth.  The nerve.  I've been busy (and successfully) pretending that those pounds don't exist.  Your brain is a very powerful muscle.  Exercise often.

2. Your metabolism is sometimes not such a powerful muscle.  Exercise less.

3. This log was built on a foundation of self-humiliation so this fits right in.

4. My little Char Char finally learned how to pray properly.  You know, proper opening,...thanking for ____,......asking for _____,....proper ending.  It all came together yesterday when he filled in last minute in primary.  Having his mom be in charge of conducting this month has it's disadvantages methinks.

5. In the prayer he was thankful "that all the people who die can live in Heaven, especially my grandpa who died can live in Heaven."

6. I then went home and sucked my thumb for 4.35 hours.

7. We are counting down 4 more days until we hit the road for Spring Break.  We will be meeting up with these lovely folks on our way to Sedona, AZ via the Grand Canyon.   Aunt Visor will be joining us for a few of those days.  Hollah!!  We've pinned our hopes on this groovy hotel as being "kitschy" and all about the "experience".

8. If I blog approximately one week from now a picture of me pointing a figurative gun to my head,....you'll know that we failed.

9.  How annoying is it when someone says "Hollah!" let alone types it?........................Don't answer that.

10. Guess who's turning in their paperwork tomorrow to start substitute teaching?  ::pointing to self::  I'm especially hoping to sub in the junior high.  Every 7th grader loves for his mom to substitute teach in his school, right?  He's gonna LOVE my Care Bear sweatshirt I've picked out just for the occasion!!

4 comments:

Carol said...

That's quite a list. Looking forward to spring break and the ensueing fun. Subsitute teaching? Brains is gonna LOVE it!!!

Morgan's Visual Idea journal said...

Hollah!!! I LOVE it when people say that AND type it out. Keep doing it. And I would love if you were my sub! Don't forget to add some jingle bells to your Care Bear sweater.

Flem said...

Holla. The H on the end is annoying.

And HOLLA!!! About you subbing. Totally excited, you MUST blog about it. You know, leaving out names and places and stuff.

Have fun, wish I were going too.

Katie said...

Charlie's prayer! ((Sniff))

And I adore Sedona. Adore it! I wish I was meeting you there. If the hotel doesn't work out, just go stay at John's McCain's house. Tell him I sent you - It'll be fine.

Blog Archive

About Us