Tuesday, April 29, 2008

We're back

1. Apparently the term "sea legs" isn't a myth. I still fill like I'm moving. What the H?
2. This boat we were on is supposedly the biggest one in the world right now. (They are building bigger ones). Half a mile long. Twice the size of the Titanic. 18 holes of mini-golf. 3 story rock climbing wall. Full size basketball court. An indoor mall. And an ice rink. Yup, you read that right.
3. Having gone on one cruise with the kids and one without, Shed and I decided the very best way to cruise is WITH your kids. We missed them terrible.
4. The gym was MASSIVE and they even had a little boxing ring. So I took a few classes, including a boxing class.
5. The best time to get a really bad cold (sneezing, coughing, fever, chills) is on a cruise ship....................right? That way you can just take care of yourself instead of worrying about taking care of the house and kids. I'm still sort of trying to convince myself of this btw. Three of the days were baaaaad for Memzy.
6. The better quality cruise the better quality food. I was pleasantly surprised at the buffet. They even had eggs and REAL bacon at the salad bar.
7. Cruise entertainment isn't that good. There was one pretty cool performance that Shed's company paid to have come do a private comedy thing for. Kevin Pollack is quite funny. He does a mean Christopher Walken impersonation.
8. Middle aged people really like participating in on board activities the likes of belly flop contests and learning the electric slide next to the pool.
9. The weather gods apparently LOVE Memzy.
10. After you get home from a cruise it takes at least a couple of days to realize that when you get back to your house after leaving it the towels will not be picked up off the floor, the bed will not be magically made, and your beach towels will not be rolled into the shape of a monkey wearing your sunglasses. That was a real disappointing realization.

We had a great time. Incredible. You guys don't wanna see pictures anyway

7 comments:

ManicMandee said...

Actually, I do want to see pictures! It sounds like it was a great trip. Except for the being sick part. Glad you made it back safe and sound.

Emily said...

Yeah, you might wanna keep those pictures to yourself. I'm already too jealous.

Hot Pants said...

I am a visual person. I need the pictures. Especially ones of your towels.

Pearl Girl said...

How do you know we don't wanna see pics. Remember some of us live in places where it is still snowing!! No joke. I need to live through someone elses good times. I'm freezing here

SAS said...

I agree that cruising is more fun with kids! We also spent half as much money when our kids were with us! They can get in the way of my spending--I can't think when they're near!

PICS would be nice! :)

Anna B said...

I WANT A VACATION...A CRUISE WOULD BE NICE. I said that all out loud as I typed. I'm glad you guys had a nice time.

Mansius Family said...

I'm glad you had a lot of fun! I loved all the pictures.

Blog Archive

About Us