Saturday, September 13, 2008

I GET SOOO EMOTIONAL

For those readers that may not be privy to this storyline....let me fill you in. My best frousin (that's friend + cousin) living in Denver, named Landeelu, was having a little "rodent" problem. Basically, she had an infiltration of "meeses". And when I say meese I mean a mouse--plural. She set out traps like any good woman-of-the-house-who-is-afraid-to-get-the-empty-fruit-snack-wrapper-from-under-the-couch would do. And she had a little contest going on who could guess how many meeses she would catch. I believe at this point she had caught 4 or 5 at the time. In the meantime one of my new BFF cousin-in-law's was having trouble with her cooking. Darn those pre-made cinnamon roll in a pan thingy's that you just have to heat up. Cuz they can burn.........really. So, between all of us bloggers it was decided that the prize for the best guess of meeses in Landee's house would receive the burnt cinnamon rolls, which I had aptly named "The poo loaf", for obvious reasons which you will see.
Fast forward a week or two and guess what happened? 16 mouse had been caught. You can imagine what I guessed right? 16 of course cuz I'm a genius. So, the treasured prize of the loaf of poo went to me. I was honored really. But, of course, I never actually thought I would have the treasured item in my hot little hands. Until I came home from my date last night with Shed, stopped by the mailbox to find THIS: Wha? for ME?
Carefully......

Is it possible?
It is, it is, it really is!!!!
Now you can see why it was named that, right?
Gorgeous

And it proudly sits in my TV armoire in the place of honor that it deserves.
Unless I decide to take it out and cradle it lovingly, of course.
Then I'll put it back for all to see. It makes me so emotional just thinking about it.

I would like to thank Landee and Jenny for this award, because none of this would have been possible without Landee's rodent issues and Jenny's cooking issues. I would like to thank my family for all of their support and for my computer which, so far, has never failed to let me blog as much as I want. Thank you all and goodnight.

22 comments:

Elder Jack Anderson said...

It actually looks quite lovely displayed like that. Some call that modern art.

Oh, and you're welcome. I was praying you had way overshot on your guess... sadly, no.

PS So not surprised it came in a shoebox.... you've seen AJ's shoe closet, right? Yikers.

Hot Pants said...

I have been waiting for this! I was talking to Jenny as she mailed it. I was consumed with jealousy at first. But, after seeing how good it looks on your tv thingy, I must asmit I am super happy for you now. You definitely deserved the poo loaf. Infact, no one has ever deserved a poo loaf more! (Hold on while I try again to contain my jealous emotions, it is just hard getting used to these human emotions, I come from a peacefull people you know)
On a side note, I am almost done with The Host.

E said...

That was hard to give up, but WOW, it looks amazing in you curio cabinet. I'd recommend shellacking it so it keeps longer. I'm thinking of making another one for myself, but it took me like 2 hours to make that one and I don't like to spend that much time cooking.

ManicMandee said...

Mildly funny until I saw it displayed in your cabinet. Hilarious! Oh boy.

Memzy said...

AJ, I went to Michael's today with my 20% off coupon and bought me some shellac so maybe we can pass it around as an award of sorts. I'll stuff it in my suitcase to Seattle just in case.

Hot Pants said...

Please get some bubble wrap too. It would be devastating if something happened.

Hazel said...

I would be too tempted to break it open and eat out the insides. Good thing I didn't win.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Memzy is allergic to curio cabinets, AJ. Don't be offensive! That is clearly a TV Armoire (or w/e she called it in her post). Curio cabinet conjures up images of Precious Moments figurines and collectible plates with Strawberry Shortcake on them.

Carol said...

I don't know what to say. congrat on winning? But the prize is. . . .wow. Looks great. WOW.

Jonesy said...

That is just fabulous ! And landee, I had to chime in on the curio images because my mind immediately goes to a doll collection I once saw that was actually a little frightening. EEW ! No curio cabinets!

Flem said...

That is disgusting but at least the color matches the decor. I have never tried to make a poo loaf, btw, but it seems very labor intensive.

Cristin said...

WOW!!! GRATS!!! Now I'm really bummed that I over shot my guess. I have THE perfect spot for that but I have to admit it does look disgusting I mean lovely in your house too.

Case said...

Well I thought I would write a clever note about shallacking it so you don't end up with meeses to but I see a few shallackers already. So, congrats on winning your poo prize, I can only dream of being so fortunate.

Anna B said...

Now all you need is one of Brains enormous poops to set right next to it...or maybe just a pic of it. You take really good pictures I'm sure you could come up with something.


BTW I'm feeling left out of your blogging click. Maybe I need to just come up with a new fancy username.

Christa said...

That has to be one of the funniest things i ever heard. I can't believe you actually got burned cinnamon buns in the mail. Thanks again for what you said about my Grandma.
Your hair looks great in the picture too!!

Memzy said...

I really need to be better about commenting on my own posts.

K, I've got the bubble wrap and now and contemplating the next recipient of this wonderful gift.

It's hard to hear how jealous my mom is over this. Maybe she deserves it.

And you people DO realize it is not actually poo, right?.....just looks like it.

kthanksbye

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Right, it's not poo. It's burnt poo.

JennE said...

Emily I check your blog daily too and usually you have a new post I love it and you have tons of fans/friends who leave you messages! I am so jealous you have no idea! LOL! I hope we can chat soon so you can tell me the SECRET to this Blogging world you have! jenn

Emily said...

Gorgeous.

cyndi said...

You are seriously the funniest person I know. . . Okay and know I am laughing harder that you shellacked those rolls! Killer

ahab said...

I have givin the same thing as a gift to many womem each time with results different from the last.

E said...

Hi Memzy, I came here via TDC. That is the most perfect burnt cinna-poo loaf I have ever seen! Whoever made it is an utter genius! Great display! I am having a linksy party on my Blogsy of Unfortunate Events and you are invited !!!!!

Blog Archive

About Us