Monday, September 29, 2008

You know, cuz I was tagged and stuff....

I am a totally awesome advice giver. Any advice you need? Just AskMemzy on Tuesdays.

I miss The Cosby Show. I wish new episodes were still do-able. I mean, who doesn't want to see Claire give Cliff the evil eye about eating a hoagie sandwich?

I think my neighborhood should put in a free bowling alley. Cuz who doesn't like to bowl? But they really getcha with those shoe rentals!

I know that dark chocolate is better than milk chocolate. FACT. No one can convince me otherwise cuz it's true.

I want rock hard abs like Kate Bosworth in the movie Blue Crush. I also want to be a surfer but I've tried that out and it didn't work out too well for me.

I have a lot of purses. And when I say a lot, of course, I mean ...........a LOT. It is a thing I have. I like to change them out from time to time and buy new ones. I'm running out of places to store them so I need an intervention.

I search for the remote (or the "gammote" as Char calls it) at least 5 times a day. So far, the longest I've looked it like 10 minutes and that almost put me over the edge.

I wish for a new camera and photog equipment. Like, a super fancier one, which shouldn't be a problem cuz they only cost thousands of dollars and stuff. ::rolling eyes::

I hate when my house is messy. It's a sickness, I can admit it. I need a cure. But if there is clutter in my house, then there is clutter in my mind. Listen, you can call it OCD if you want, I'm ok with that.

I am scared of cockroaches. It isn't so much the "bug" thing, it's the fact that they move so FAST. And they are so hard to "mass murder" as Jenny would put it. Whycome they can't just stay dead? All of them? I'll have you know that I am working on this in my own personal therapy. Cuz cockroaches are a part of life here in Bako and so I've gotten to the point where I won't scream and run. Now, I just silently stiffen like a statue and say a mantra in my head, "It's only a bug. It's only a bug. It's only a bug." Then I walk calmly into the other room, tell Shed, and curl up in the fetal position and rock back and forth for a few minutes. I think I've come a long way really.

I fear (isn't this the same as above?) going back to college and not knowing where any of my classes are, not being able to find my schedule, while everyone else is taking notes and preparing for tests, etc. I've had that recurring dream a LOT. Psychoanalyze THAT.

I always dry off from the shower in the exact same way. First the face, then head, then arms, then towel goes around the back, slides down the legs. I've mastered it really.

I love dark chocolate covered almonds from Trader Joe's. It's become one of those things that I can't live without. So, anyone want to get me a birthday gift? (I'm staring at you Farnsworth lady).

I feel sad that I can't seem to find that flo chart I promised Landee about Heroes. I'm still looking though! I know it's in my files somewhere under "TV show conspiracy theories and movie summaries".

I hear songs in my head frequently. Like, right now I am singing "Take me out to the ballgame". Can't really tell you why.

I don't want to ever make the mistake of posting "Tune in Tuesdays" again and then be gone for hours. That being said, I will be at the gym from 8:30-10:00am tomorrow so give me a leeetle leeway with that. AskMemzy needs to collect her thoughts sometimes too.

I wonder how our kids will view these blogs when they are reading them from outer space. Are they going to totally make fun of my wooden desk and plastic swivel computer chair?

I care about what people think of me. Just kidding! I don't usually care what people think of me (except Shed and maybe my parents) and that can sometimes be a problemo. So, if any of you need to, you have permission to tell me to "reign it in" every so often.

I regret not playing sports more. I am a srs sports fan and am extremely competitive. So, if any of you wanna start a pick up game of some sort just give me a call. But don't call me for golf. That's not really a sport.

I am not good at losing sleep. Memzy needs her 7-8 hours on a regulah basis or look out. However, I CAN go a few days being off but after that it's like Tina Fey in that SNL skit about pms.

I believe I can fly. Someday that Brains of mine is going to invent something RAD and I'm hoping it's the ability for personal flight.

I dance every day in my mind like its 1993 and Landee and Flemsta (Queso) are with me in the Wilkinson center and we are hearing Depeche Mode play from the speakers. Am I right? And Shed no likey dancing soooo. ......this is where my dancing ends.

I sing in the car sometimes and Char always goes, "Are you singing TOO momma?" Then I have to tell him yes and then he tells me to stop.

I write in my journal everyday. But it's on the computer. That still counts as writing tho, doesn't it? I also write blog posts in my head all the time. I need to start making a list or something like that.

I win the mother of the year contest cuz when I took the kids to the dentist last week my Cracker came out with 5 cavities and my Char Char came out with EIGHT. (he's four years old btw). So, I'll be expecting that trophy in the mail soon.

I dream really crazy stuff, like that I'm married to Patrick Dempsey and our kid is Shawn Johnson, the gymnast from the Olympics. Do you think I need therapy?

I lose the ability to talk in an "inside voice" when Landee is around. Every member of my family, including Shed, has told me in no uncertain terms, "You know you talk different when you are talking to her don't you?" My volume goes up to 11 when we talk, and it doesn't even have to be IRL (in real life), it can be over the phone too.

I never can seem to get the good parking spots at the grocery store. It's like there is a parking lot vendetta against me or something. They must see me coming and arrange all the cars accordingly.

I listen to a good song over and over again until I've killed it completely. A song doesn't usually "jump the shark" for me until I've heard it at least 100 times tho, probably more.

I read all the time, excluding the newspaper. I decided a long time ago that Shed can just tell me a brief summary of what's happening in the world. And I also ask him the weather every day, "What's it supposed to be like tomorrow?" to which he ALWAYS replies, "About the same as today". We work well together, we really do.

I am happy that this tag is over. That took me A LOT longer than I thought it would. Whew. My typing fingers need a massage. ::staring at Landee while I say that word::

ps. I need some input on some picture editing I've been messing with, so if you have a chance go to my photography link and give some feedback. Kthanksbye.

11 comments:

Anna B said...

I'm glad you camo out to play on that one. I was totally going to say the same thing about drying off in the shower, how funny is that? I can also thank you for my new obsession of dark chocolate, mostly the Dove. Great fun!

Elder Jack Anderson said...

You had me at running man. And that one grab the ankle and move it back & forth move.

Hmmm... your family (including Shed) make it sound like you talking different around/to me is a BAD thing. They are just jealous they don't have the same affect on you. BEST FROUSINS!!

"silently stiffen like a statue" <--- I lollerzed on that one big time.

Memzy said...

Annie-srsly? That toweling off thing is what makes us geniuses. Yourwelcome for the dark chocolate.

Landers-Who doesn't love the running man? And they don't talk like it's a BAD thing. They are just constantly astounded at the consistency of which it occurs. And they want to make sure I know this is the case, which I do. Doyee.

Case said...

I've had the exact same dreams about being back at school, can't find classes, don't know anything, etc..As for the method of drying ones self, is'nt that the proper way? Any other way would just create chaos. And last, the roach thing is ridiculous here. I have the unfortunate duty of taking them out with my shoe whenever I see them cause John just screams like a girl and jumps away. Don't even get me going on spiders. Definately need a chocolate after that.

Cristin said...

Sweet post!

I have had the same dream where I can't find my schedule or my class room and it's been over a decade, not saying how over, since I've been in school. Why would I have that dream still???

I actually have 2 towels, 1 I wrap around my hair so I don't have to spend too much time drying it and being cold. But otherwise I dry off the same way!!! YAY

E said...

Cockroaches horrify me. Almost as much as getting tagged. I was happy to read all of your gizes lists though.

If you ever start to care about what I think of you, let me know and I'll tell you.

Can't W8 for AskMemzy day, or as I like to call it, Askmemzy what I should blog about day.

Memzy said...

K, Jenny what do you think of me?

Case, wow. You just went up a few notches in my book.

I'm mulling over Jenny's post for tomorrow. I'll let you know. ::evil laugh::

Hot Pants said...

I LOVE- your answers, especially the towel drying one. I have a towel routine, and it can't be deviated or the whole day is thrown off.

I WILL- practice patience for Tune in Tuesdays tomorrow, by waiting til later in the afternoon for responses.

I HATE- mice more than cockroaches.

I AM-grateful you didn't tag everyone at the end of that.

Emily said...

Nothing worse than cockroaches. Nothing.

Oh, and dark chocolate covered almonds are DIVINE!

ManicMandee said...

Thanks for playing along even though you did it begrudgingly. Loved all the answers. Were you trying to seduce the WWW by all the detail about drying off?
I learned some great things about you. That wasn't so bad was it?

momof2boys said...

This was funny!

I just have a questions....when do you dry off the front part of your body??? I have a routine that I don't deviate from, but it includes drying my belly.

FYI - I have a dream similar to yours about college. In mine, I always show up to school in pjs, it is the middle of the semester, and I forgot to attend a class all semester that I enrolled in and paid for. Go figure that one out!

Also, you don't know roaches here in Bako!! Try living in Texas! Texas knows bugs!! :-)

Keep posting....I love the read.

Blog Archive

About Us