Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ice Skating isn't for sissy's

And I'm no sissy. See I WANTED to cry with pain from the ankle fissures I received during our 1 hour "Memzy-Mommy's Preschool Field Trip".............but I didn't. Look how I'm smiling through the pain you gize. So, I do a co-op preschool with some other mom's and we get the groups together once a month to go on a field trip of some sort. I was in charge of January. The theme was snow play you gize. In Bakersfield. Do you feel me? So, being the genius that I am, came up with going to the local ice sports center for some ice skating/cold freezing/ankle breaking fun.
Char was sampling the ice from his knees. Looks pretty janky to me.
I suppose he was hungry. What?

My sis and her chillins. They even let you put strollers on the ice! So cool right?


I was completely prepared for my choice of field trip to go down in co-op history as the worst one ever. I was prepping for it to bomb. But, to my surprise, everyone LURVED it. Especially Char. Look how whelmed he looks here. He's like a pro.


Oh and this little baby girl was totally unaware of the situation. Just a (slightly slower) stroll in her stroller. Whatev.


Success!
Again.
Note: It is physically painful for me to post these pics. My little tiny kodak purse cam takes the jankiest pictures! So blurry and grainy. But there was no way I was gonna take my big daddy camera on the ice. Disaster waiting to happen.


14 comments:

Hazel said...

Don't be offended, because I am sure your big daddy camera was so worth the big money you paid for it, but I didn't realize you were using a different camera. Just lookin' at the faces, you know.

Sara is going to be so traumatized. It looks a lot like rollerskating. Maybe I should warn her.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

OH my gosh! Why does Charlie need to use a walker now? Did I miss that he has polio? Wha?

And you are becoming a photo snob. There, again, I said it. Now stop it.

Ice skating = worst activity known to man. Aside from root canals. But you gotta do it sometimes... for the kids. The sacrifices of a mother.... endless.

Flem said...

I was supposed to take my kids ice skating the day the car crashed in Utah so I this post just makes me über sad that they still have been cheated, pain in the ankles or not. Unfortunately there are definitely not any skating rinks where I live.

Yet another reason to head on down to walk the streets of Brsfield.

eekareek said...

Thiswas the hardest post ever to read. My ankle throbbed through the whole thing. Have you learned nothing from my mistakes??!! You got lucky this time but don't press your luck again!

BTW, did you ever drop your janky camera during your big risking-your-life skating trip? If not, do you feel bummed that you didn't take your BD Camera? I kept thinking my vsion was going bad when ever I looked at a picture and was quite whelmed to find out it was just a janky camera.

ShelBailey said...

Sam fell off rock at Yosemite Falls and trashed a $900 lens. And his knee, although that was slightly cheaper to take care of. It's hard to juggle a big camera when you're doing stuff like this and janky pics are better than no pics.

The last time I ice skated, I bruised my tailbone. Ouch! But, I was always uncoordinated, not sure what made me think that was going to change. My mom says she's always amazed that I have the coordination to play the organ because I was such a klutz. Nice of her, eh?

Unknown said...

I didn't know they had walkers for skaters...I wish I would have known that. I could have saved Maggie a lot pain when I landed on her....

Markie23 said...

I used to ice skate... about 3 DECADES ago. I tried to do it again about 10 years ago and learned it is NOT like riding a bike.

ManicMandee said...

Your trash camera is probably better than our "good" camera.
Cute photos.
And I'm glad it all played out well. Looks like fun!

E said...

The best part is his old lady walker. And I'm so photo-lazy lately, I haven't been taking my camera anywhere. I just take blurry/dark cell phone pictures.

Pearl Girl said...

SOOOO cute, what a good mommy prek teacher thing to do. Why did you ever think it would be a bust?

The Everyday Housewife said...

Those ice walkers for the kids are my favorite!! They don't have them here in Utah. We had to steal one of those orange kids that warns people about wet floors for Carson to push around on the ice in front of him instead!!

The Everyday Housewife said...

I didn't mean an orange kid, I meant an orange cone!!

Carol said...

Loved the pictures, and the ice, and the walker, and the stroller, and the kiddos. Loved it all. I actually have NEVER had a pair of ice skates on--EVER. After reading your blog--don't think I'll try.

Emily said...

They have old people walkers for ice skating?!

Blog Archive

About Us