Sunday, January 25, 2009

Our quick trip to Santa Monica--A commentary

Guess where we took off to this weekend? I'll give you ONE guess. You gize are so smawt. Our babysitter fell through for the third weekend in a row so we decided to take matters into our own hands and brought the kids with us and stayed at the temple apartments while doing a session and made a weekend of it. Here is about how my weekend looked and sounded. Get your scrolly wrist braces ready. This is picture heavy. I don't wanna be sued for injuries.
Santa Monica Pier:
Cracker: How cold do you think that water is mom?

Brains: Well you see Cracker, due do the moisture of the air, in addition to the moon's position in the sky, the water should be......

Photobucket
Shed: Cmon boys lets go see how the fisherman are making out over here.


Shed: Now you see boys, this is why you shouldn't jump in that water.....cuz of the sharks and stuff.....plus those barnacles under the pier are creepy.....



Char: Mommy is that worm guts that I just touched? Can I watch til that fisherguy catches a fish? You go on ahead and I'll stay here.

Cracker: Mom do you have a quarter? Dad do you have a quarter? Mom do you have a quarter? Dad do you have a quarter? Can you give me a quarter?

Char: Mommy you yuv me cuz I'm so cute huh?

Cracker: Can we go down there and go swimming?

Me: K, if you gize stand against this blue wall I will buy you a ticket to go on a ride.
Me: Char can you smile? Char can you smile normal? Char can you?.......forget it.


Brains: Do I have to smile or can I just try to look cool?


Me: If you want to ride one of those rides over there you have to smile.

Random kid: Stop bumping into me.
Char: But it's BUMPER cars. ::floors it and bumps into said kid::

Cracker: What do you mean we can't take off our shoes and jeans and go swimming right now?! Are you serious with this?
Cracker: ::huge sigh:: All riiiiiiight.

Cracker: I guess I'll just dig some holes and stuff.


Cracker: Mom if Char Char touches my sand trench ONE MORE TIME!!!


Char: Wha? I was no where NEAR the trench. But I have some good trench ideas if you're interested.


Cracker: K then you do THIS while I do THIS and then we'll go like THIS.

Char: I knew I had some good ideas.
Me: All is right in the world of sand playing again.
Meanwhile guess who is too cool for sand playing?
Me: Hey Brains why don't you help your brothers dig and stuff?
Brains: Cuz I'm busy doing this.
All in all a great weekend. We even got to take some cool pics of the temple.


22 comments:

Hazel said...

You weren't kidding about needing a brace, but I also see that you couldn't leave out a single on of those pictures. I loved all of them, but what was my favorite? The back of the kids heads [nice cowlicks(is it really spelled like that? I don't think I will ever know, unless you know and you tell me)-BTW, certainly a gift from God] Or the mad sand ones...

I had to break out the brackets for that comment.^^ I haven't ever had to do that before.

Alls, I know is that I felt like I was there. Thank you for the vacation.

Flem said...

I love how the post was longer than the trip--and seriously, I LOVED it. I totally felt like I was with you, kids asking a million questions.

You shoulda let them swim tho. Meanie.

Williams Family Dirt said...

Love the pictures! Don't you just love your new camera?!!

eekareek said...

That looked like a mighty fine good time.

Unknown said...

your little guys sure are cute! It looks like it was a great weekend

Emily said...

Where can I get me scrolly wrist brace for reals?

You and your vacations. Always so much fun and always so many great pictures!

Krissy said...

Love the blue wall and i am so jealous that you have beaches so close by! We have frozen lakes close by us, are you jealous? Yeah, you should be.

P.S. Beautiful pics! You can never have too many pics in a blog post IMO.

Markie23 said...

Calendar quality temple pics there. Nice!

ManicMandee said...

I really enjoyed that commentary and photos. I think that's so cool you took the boys with you. It's got to be hard to go to the temple often when it's two hours away and in LA. Good for you for making it!

Pearl Girl said...

I totally loved that post. I think it was one of my fav's.

Carol said...

Your posts are always good but this was outstanding. Great pictures, funny commentary and so true to their personalities, I might add. Glad you had a great time.

Anna B said...

I want a new camera sooooooo baaaaad, and it makes it worse every time I see your awesome pics.

E said...

I'm confused, was I there? Cuz it feels like I was there. Like a phantom limb or something. Anyway, perfect combo of pictures and commentary. I am standing all amazed at the love your pictures offer me. They are absolutely brilliant!

Memzy said...

I think the sell those scrolly wrist braces at the Walmart. They might be behind the counter in the pharmacy. Next to the happy pills.

Wait you gize were totally there in spirit ya know. Either that or through my mystical iphone.

Hazel said...

I think I was there. Where was out commentary? Some other post, I guess.

Hazel said...

Good times...right.

cyndi said...

Wow look how popular you are! 17 comments. Just wanted you to feel the blog love today. See you in the mnorning

Hot Pants said...

I was so busy copying all your pictures and putting them into a photo album for myself, that I forgot to leave a comment.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

So what is that? Like a really big stake center or something?

Awesome pictures & presentation. Just give the kid a quarter fhs!

Anonymous said...

oh, wow. i would have posted 10 minutes ago, but it took me that long just to catch my breath from laughing. you are so funny. I heart you. and char is looking so much older... and brains is too cool for digging in the sand.

Memzy said...

I didn't HAVE a quarter or I woulda given the kid one. But I can only say, "Sorry I don't have one" 11teen times before the kid finally gets it.

And Righty Righterson!!! Lookie who showed up over here! Glad you are still around glancing in and stuff. Hopefully you'll come back to see this comment.

Can you send me that photo album Hot Pants? Cuz I'm too lazy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shedertons,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Santa Monica to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Jane

Blog Archive

About Us