Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cooking with Clara: Episode 3 - Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce

Well hello blue eyes, fancy meeting you here on my carpet. She yuvs me. "Now Auntie Memz, we aren't going to do this AGAIN today are we? I mean, it's fun for awhile having a big black thing pointed at my face but............."

"So you were serious? Cuz I thought I made it clear."
Ok, so I must respect a babies wishes. But it never helps to have something yummy smelling brewing in the kitchen right? I received an interesting text recently that said something along the lines of "I didn't know you were into cooking and stuff....." yadda yadda. I would like to make it clear right here and now that I don't like to cook. I like to BAKE. Big difference. It's all about the desserts people. The perfect hook up, for me, with hot fudge is a brownie and some vanilla bean ice cream.



I'm salivating..........again. Hey did you gize know that Clara has a sibling? She has two actually. I present to you Liesl.


I know you can't tell they are related or anything. And ps. they look EXACTLY like their mama. Facebook can prove that. So I've heard.


Well, there is a certain maintenance required in keeping up the chubby cheekedness. It takes work. You've gotta feed that girl if you wanna keep those cheeks fluffy and soft. And I do. So I did. I think today's meal was blueberry yogurt.

"More please Auntie Memz." (and if not she will yell at you so have that spoon ready.)


"Oh yeeeeeah,............that's good stuff"

"Hey Auntie Memz,.........is there something on my face?"


So here you go. The recipe for........
HOME MADE HOT FUDGE
Melt: 1/2 cube butter (1/4 C) in small saucepan. Ad 2 squares unsweetened baking chocolate. When melted add and stir until chunky, 1 1/2 C sugar. Stir in slowly 1 sm can of canned milk (2/3 C). This is just plain canned milk, NOT sweetened condensed. Heat for 15 minutes on low until completely smooth.

Next time,...........zucchini bread.

13 comments:

Hazel said...

Yum yum yum. I am so hungry right now, and that was torture. The only visible problem was the size. Way too small.

And that baby is so stinking cute, and the sister? Adrorabible. I don't know how you can stand to be around them.

E said...

Do you want to kill me? Is that your goal? Cuz you're doing it. Softly. Can't wait for the Zuke bread wink wink.

Emily said...

Finally! I sure could have used this recipe like 3 weeks ago!!

And, that sweet baby girl sure looks like a Parks!

Emily said...

Zucchini bread?!

How 'bout your chocolate chip cookie recipe?

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Becca's gonna have so many pictures of Clara she's gonna be all backed up on her scrapbooking now. You are mean!

hot fudge....mmmmmm.....

ManicMandee said...

Are you truly not photoshopping those eyes to be crazier blue than normal?

Carol said...

It's so true--Clara loves Aunt Memzy. Right behind Mom and Gramma. :) The hot fudge sauce is a classic family recipe originally from Aunt Leah Jane. Makes for good memories.

Hot Pants said...

You should call Clara, Fancy Face, just like Beau Brady calls his wife on Days of Our Lives.

Memzy said...

Katie--Does it count if I had three helpings? And it hurts to be around them. Painfull.

Jespy--Killing you softly is ALWAYS my goal. zuke bread!!

Emily--The choc chip peanut butter one? Will do. But you will NOT be disappointed in that Zuke bread. Even my kids (who HATE veggies) inhale it. It's a dessert to the Nth power. Trust me.

Landee--Mean? Nah. Self serving? Maybe.

MM--I used a "vibrance" enhancer to about 5% but it enhances all the colors in the picture, not just the blue. The really are THAT blue. Just ask my sis.

Carol---Themz fighting words.

Hot Pants--noted.

Krissy said...

She just keeps getting cuter and cuter and your desserts just keep looking yummier and yummier! Awesome pics!

The Everyday Housewife said...

Love the pix! You gave me this fabulous recipe when we lived in Bakersfield (a lifetime ago). I still make it whenever we have company over. Everyone absolutely loves it! Thanks for making me look good!!

Urmston Family said...

Thank you for the great recipe.I made homemade fudge sauce once and it came really good. Did you get a chance to check out that App? Take care. ~Jill

Memzy said...

Urmston girl--Oh yes. That app is AWESOME!!

Blog Archive

About Us