Thursday, March 12, 2009

He's like the next Brandon Bybee

Yeah, I don't know who that is either. But when I googled "famous snowboarder" he came up here.
He's totally Mormon yo!



We were able to finally take a Saturday and go up to the snow like we've been promising the kids formyever. We grabbed some last minute snow gear and headed up to Alta Sierra an hour and a half away. I'll admit................I was not looking forward to this. Every experience I've had at ski resorts has been bitter cold and stressful and blah, blah, blah. I was expecting the worst. But I was so WRONG-O. It was the best!!


It was sunny and warm and there were tubing hills that you didn't have to even climb. The little rope pulling thingy did all the work for you. Brains was considering this particular activity full of lame sauce cuz he's so cool and stuff. But neither Shed nor myself wanted to get on the slopes. It was supposed to be a family activity day yo. But guess who saves the day but Molly and Scott!!! They took some time on their break from work (at least that's what I'm assuming they did instead of playing hookie) and took him snowboarding.


So, Brains is completely GiftedAndTalented when it comes to this. He took one lesson two Christmases ago up in Utah and then cut to this day. Total natural. It's all that skateboarding/ripsticking he does in the culdesac. And thank you Molly for wearing your neon green snow pants that day. I could spot you gize all the way up the hill.
What cute snow bunnies right? (Scott obviously being the head male rabbit and stuff--Scott-el-rah)


Here is Brains on the right cutting some curves, and Scotty on the left approaching a jump.

I don't know that he coulda been happier/felt more cool.

Check out the foxy girl herself.

This dood was here too btw. Eating snow and Frito's from the "Warming Hut".

I officially love this place. We saw Shed's partner and wife that own the place and shared some lounge chairs right next to the run. Me with my diet coke in hand of course.



I painfully regret not getting my camera out of the car sooner and taking pics of Cracker in his snow gear. The cutest mini-Shed you've ever seen. Just try to picture it in your head instead. Anyway, thankees to Scott and Molly for such a fun day!!!
Lurved it.

14 comments:

E said...

I'm trying to remember where I took my kids the day you drove your kids all the way up to play in the snow... oh yeah, I took them to free Home Depot kids workshop. And you said I was the best mom ever. Clearly, you out did me.

Brains + Cord + snowboarding together = total bliss. For them.

eekareek said...

The day Jenny took her kids to Home DePot and you took your kids snowboarding, I took my kids nowhere. Hmmmmm.....

Br Boys said...

Looks like you had great fun. Next time take us with you.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Wait, when was this? Saturday? Oh yeah, I was being tortured at a Kenneth Cope concert so who knows what my kids were doing. I'm pretty sure Gty took them to Chick-Fil-A though so it couldn't have been that bad.

It is so nice to see some snow activity pics from the CA Shedertons! You've gone snowboarding/skiing more times that we have living here in Denver.

Brains looks coolio, no doubt. So the ripstick is like training wheels for snowboarding? Good to know...

Carol said...

Beautiful pictures. That close up of Riles is one of my favorites. I'm sure this is his kind of fun. Glad you had a good time.

ManicMandee said...

That actually does look like it was fun and I am not a fan of snow or cold.

kristi said...

Your fears about ski resorts mimic mine: bitter cold, managing chaos, and did I mention being cold? Maybe we'll try it again (for real) in a few more years. Maybe it could be "fun."

Anna B said...

Looks like you guys had total coolness going on. Glad you guys made it up there. Hopefully those two ski instructors are headed up my way again soon.

Krissy said...

Getting pulled up the mountain...that is my kind of tubing. Looks like fun!

Memzy said...

Jespy we've gotta somehow get those two together to snowboard next season maybe.

Eek I know how you feel. I'm there most of the time.

BrBoys I will totally take you with next time right?

Landee--KENNETH COPE?!! ::holding in the laughter unsuccessfully::

Mom you are right. Right up his alley.

MM--I know. I'm the same.

Kristi--Keep the faith. I have totally changed my perspective now.

Annie-those two ski instructors are the BEST, no doubt.

Krissy-Like the slide down was actually THAT much fun that you wanna climb up again right? But this time you don't even have to get out of your tube. You ride in it while the rope drags you up. Then you can perfect your snowball throwing skillz at your hubby who is next to you. Good times.

Flem said...

Yay for the WD reference--does that mean you don't hate it now?

Also this post is very upper-middle class. Congrats on another successful slice of Americana.

Snowboard+Guitar=guaranteed funnest kid in class.

When you said saw "his partner and his wife" it threw me for a loop, like he was seeing multiple people. I finally got that you meant his business partner.

Emily said...

I swear I thought I commented before.

Your boys look like total studs on the slopes. Glad you had fun.

The Everyday Housewife said...

Love the pix! I was going to ask you if it was hard to keep your camera safe all day -- but then I read all the way to the bottom. Sounds like an amazing day. I still refuse to ski or snowboard because I am a wimp and afraid of the cold. Maybe someday I'll learn to love the weather in this state!

Hazel said...

You know what i find attractive? Snowboarding. (Don't worry, not little boarders, big ones like Brandon Bybee-is that the guy with the red hair?)

Blog Archive

About Us