Friday, September 18, 2009

Not to brag or anything

But...........I WON, I WON, I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Photobucket
Some of you may not be aware that I was recently in a very important, very NON-nerdy contest. See the details HERE. But the gist is that the Hunger Games book/series is one of the best of all time. And to celebrate it we made and decorated cakes in an online contest. For those of you that actually click on that link above, my cake was "The Death of Rue".
Photobucket
The winner of the contest got this coveted Hunger Games apron. There was an unexpected craze to claim a winner as you can find out HERE. And since I don't have an actual famous internet friend, OR know how to vote using multiple proxy networks, it was an honor to receive such a prize and title (it was a tie for first with Aunt Michelle and her wonderful parachute cake), considering the final votes were cast by my fellow cake makers.

I intend to don this beautiful apron doing more than just cooking, mind you. I didn't put all of my emotional health on hold for three days of caking and voting for nothing. Eeeeeek!

Besides, I'd like to protect my 3 year old faded clothes from the likes of a possible dropped mascara wand, drip of Diet Coke while reading, or dirt from the garden. (ps. check out my pumpkin!)

Besides the usual cooking splatters that may happen, I just feel good texting with my apron on. It just feel right.

Like, I've been waiting my whole life for this gorgeous apron. I'm not going to waste one second of it.

Even while I'm watching TV.

14 comments:

kristi said...

So glad that you won and will find gazillions of times to wear your prize. Enjoy!

Emily said...

You deserved it, IMO! Good for you.

Is that a pumpkin in your garden?

Hot Pants said...

Oh, Emily. Opening some deep wounds there.

Memzy, you should let your maid borrow that apron sometime. I'm pretty sure you have one since I know it isn't humanly possible for a mom to keep a house looking so pristine. Please don't argue with me on this one. I'm having a hard enough time right now. It looks gorgeous on you BTW!

The Everyday Housewife said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Just so you know, I am one of the many who voted you to the top. You look great in the apron. Who knew that aprons could be worn for so many worthy tasks?!

P.S. In the previous post, the glasses are ADORABLE!!

Krissy said...

If I could find/win an apron that I looked that hot in I would wear it all the time as well! Congrats on your winnings!

Katie said...

I think the intricate gold detailing also qualifies it as appropriate Sabbath day attire.

I would be especially inclined to wear it on Fast Sundays - That way you’re not only bragging about your victory, you’re also reminding people of their duty.

Flem said...

Heh. Hunger Games on Fast Sunday.

I am really jealous because the material looks perfect for the hand dishwashing that I do--seems like a waste to give it to someone who has a dishwasher, but glad you won anyway.

ManicMandee said...

This is random, but I really admire your bedding. You are so chic!

Carol said...

It IS an awesome apron. Congrats on your decorating talents. Good job!!

eekareek said...

Yeah yeah, whatever. I am enjoying my magnets.

E said...

Aprons are a dime a dozen these days. But there is something special about that one. It has star quality. Maybe it's how you wear it.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Wow. That nothing in oven looks piping hot.

Bravo, Memzy. Bra-freakin-vo.

Linkster said...

You make that apron look good.

Christa said...

That is awesome!!!

Blog Archive

About Us